mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Buzzing Noise"

Posted on: July 06, 2010 @ 09:20 AM
karlman23
Total Posts:  167
Joined  09-30-2007

Hey all! I have Motif XS for live use. It is connected to the Stagepas 300. When I plug in the left audio cable into the left/mono input, I really loud buzzing occurs. It is not the monster cable because I tried switching them… same results. So is the buzzing coming from the XS input? Or just a bad ground? And what can I do to get rid of it? This buzzing is sooooo loud! Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2010 @ 10:55 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Buzzing is difficult to say, without hearing it.

Here are things to check:
Is anything connected to the Motif XS (USB, MIDI, FW, microphone)?
A common occurance is a connected microphone.
Make sure you are using standard signal cables and not speaker cable (again this happens more than you’d like to think)

Ground noise is typically easily identifiable - as in the United States it is of the 60 cycle variety. If it (the buzz) has a pitch check it. The next to lowest A on a piano is 55Hz so if the tuning is somewhere between the A# and B, then you can be certain it is 60Hz hum.

Check your power strip… try and plug all your gear into one power strip with the proper rating.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2015 @ 12:52 PM
jgodow60
Total Posts:  30
Joined  07-10-2007

I also have an issue w/ buzzing sound when I plug my Mptif Classic and Motif XF directly into the PA Mixer as well as my old Ampeg keyboard amp.

When I plug the boards info my newer Roland Keyboard amp, no buzz.

Any clues?

Would a small mixer between my boards and the PA mixer be any advantage?  Are DI devices something to consider?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2015 @ 07:29 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jgodow60 - 27 April 2015 12:52 PM

I also have an issue w/ buzzing sound when I plug my Mptif Classic and Motif XF directly into the PA Mixer as well as my old Ampeg keyboard amp.

When I plug the boards info my newer Roland Keyboard amp, no buzz.

Any clues?

The Motif line outputs are unbalanced type. Sometimes using the correct cables, with TS (not TRS) plugs, helps. However…

jgodow60 -

Would a small mixer between my boards and the PA mixer be any advantage?  Are DI devices something to consider?

...a common cause is a ground loop. So if the device you choose can provide signal ground isolation, then it likely will resolve the problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ On stage main speakers set question
Next Topic:

Using MBP build-in Output ››