mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Importing/Exporting Wav Files via USB/Smart Media Card"

Posted on: June 21, 2010 @ 02:08 PM
jgk281
Total Posts:  40
Joined  04-22-2010

Is it possible to tranfser .wav files back and forth from the Motif 6 Classic to a computer?

I’d like to re-sample a song/sequence as a .wav file, then export the wav file to my computer for cd buring.

Can I do this with USB as well as SM Card?

I would also like to be able to transfer a .wav file sample from my computer into the sampler on the motif by USB, is that possible?

If yes, can someone please tell how to do these things or where to find it in the manual? I looked but can’t find it.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2010 @ 05:22 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I’d like to re-sample a song/sequence as a .wav file, then export the wav file to my computer for cd buring.

Can I do this with USB as well as SM Card?

With the Motif Classic you can export the .wav to SmartMedia card or to a SCSI drive - as your keyboard predates the Motif-series having a USB “TO DEVICE” port.

I would also like to be able to transfer a .wav file sample from my computer into the sampler on the motif by USB, is that possible?

Again not by USB. You can import the .wav file from a SmartMedia card or a SCSI drive connected to the Motif.

In order to get the .wav from your computer to a SmartMedia card you need only get SmartMedia Card Reader/Writer (there are many still available or you may need to get a multi-media Reader/Writer - there are many that do SD, microSD, as well as SmartMedia).

If you have a SCSI Jazz or ZIP drive that you can connect to your computer you can move (shuttle) the file over that way.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ SmartMedia card
Next Topic:

Performance Help ››