mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need help creating the right synth sound…"

Posted on: June 20, 2010 @ 12:38 AM
Eowyn61Rox
Total Posts:  47
Joined  06-16-2010

I touched on this briefly in a previous post, and have tried all the suggestions given to me, but I’m still having trouble getting this sound.

The synth sound I need is an oscillating (med.-fast vibrato), somewhat vintage sounding bassy synth lead.  The song the band I’m in is playing is “Tuff Enuff” (originally by the Fabulous Thunderbirds).  We try to play it as close as possible to the original, so if you listen to that song, you’ll know exactly the sound I’m looking for.  It is only heard during the intro, chorus and bridge parts.

I’ve found some good synth sounds that would work well on my Motiff, but I’ve tried every step in the manual and the suggestions this forum has given and I still can’t get the oscillation/vibrato to sound anywhere close.  I guess I could try to find it on line and download the sound, but I know there must be a way to get it on my Motif.

Any other suggestions?  (I’ve read through and gone through all the steps in editing the LOFM with the P Mod., F Mod and A mod)...but maybe I’m missing something????  Thanks for your help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 20, 2010 @ 06:11 AM
Metheny
Total Posts:  142
Joined  12-02-2005

The main properties I hear are:
1) Amplitude modulation (A mod) - which causes the pulses, and
2) Filter envelope (FEG) - you can hear the sound “open up” with time, so you set the up the filter envelope to have a long attack time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 20, 2010 @ 04:16 PM
Eowyn61Rox
Total Posts:  47
Joined  06-16-2010

Have you tried replicating the sound, and if so, what patch did you start with?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ What Case for a Motif XS8
Next Topic:

loading wav files ››