mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "In Memorium"

Posted on: May 31, 2010 @ 08:59 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

For my 1,000th post, I thought I’d take the opportunity to remember Dad. A Korean War vet, who lied about his age in order to join the Army at the age of 16th- fleeing Chicago and the influence of its growing gangs. He reached the rank of Master Sargeant and served with great distinction. For my freedom, even before my birth, he hazarded his life. He was not a hero but he was my John Wayne, my Audie Murphy… my JFK, my MLK, Jr.

Gone much too soon… when I was only three: to a more formidable foe: cancer… Forever, all my heart and all my love- I still remember you. Sitting on your shoulders and watching the drag races down mainstreet as you pointed out the car you had worked on… Teaching me what a carborator is. Playing your guitar… Asking Mom to bring me to see you, then using your last ounce of strength to walk with me just a few days before you passed on… I strive to be the man I hope you were…

Today, I remember all those who serve… and protect… and obey… and perform the dirty and deadly work so widely criticized but, greatly needed. In one of my favorite movies, Jack Nicholson says, “you want me on that wall! You need me on that wall! From one watchman on the wall to another, “Thank You!”

And, to all of you who have suffered the loss of loved ones who served far and wide- in battles soon or yester year. Your loss in our loss. We are not worthy of their sacrifice but I for one, am thankful…

Peace…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2010 @ 03:35 PM
Mofit
Total Posts:  910
Joined  04-22-2005

Nice post.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Why so many major fatal plane crashes this year?
Next Topic:

the final experiment ››