mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problem with my Motif Es saving the edited sounds of the PLG150AN expansion"

Posted on: May 27, 2010 @ 12:47 PM
cignux
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-27-2010

Hi!,
I got i problem with my motif ES and my PLG150AN expansion, I´m using the AN editor to control and edit the sounds of my expansion board, I can hear all the changes in my sound when I´m editing a board voice but when I try to save my final sound into the motif PLG2USR bank, the edition disappears and the sound is saved exactly as it was before the edition.
This only happens with the AN editor, because if I make the edition from my motif screen without the computer, the sound it’s correctly saved with all the changes I´ve made.
I don’t know what I´m doing wrong, can somebody help me please?
Thanks a lot.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2010 @ 03:28 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

When you use the AN Editor you are modifying patches in the memory buffer of the PLG board.

When you edit from the front panel you are editing a user voice which is pointing to a board voice.

These are two completely different things!!

--> If you are just tweaking a board preset, do it from the front panel or use the ES Voice Editor.

--> If you are making major edits, you must save the AN Editor results to a patch bank on your computer, download the bank to the ES, create an ES user voice, then save the PLG board data as a bulk dump to SM card or USB storage so it can be reloaded since the PLG board memory is not preserved when power goes off (whew...)

I’d suggest you download this Power User Pack and work through it to make sense of it all...it’s pretty confusing at first for almost everybody.

You’ll find some other posts in this forum that cover this issue.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 61 Motif ES, PLG150DX and PLG150AN
Next Topic:

PLG150-DX: Wanted ››