mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "digital out"

Posted on: April 27, 2010 @ 12:22 PM
W0lfgang
Total Posts:  222
Joined  07-14-2009

As you know, the manual say that recording using the digital out provides excellent audio quality. I would like to understand if it could be better than recording by mlan.

I also would like to know how to connect the motif xs to my macbook pro, using the digital out. I suppose I need an audio interface, because I haven’t an optical port.
What the easiest way to record with the digital out?

Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2010 @ 01:42 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

mLAN/Firewire is a form of digital recording outputs. It simply has MORE outputs available. the mLAN/Firewire is a multiple port digital audio output. You have 16 audio output buses between the Motif XS and your computer (L/R plus 14 individual outputs) ... additionally there are 3 pairs of audio returns from the computer back to the Motif XS.

mLAN/Firewire is 24-bit recording with sample rates from 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz or 96kHz.

the S/PDIF (coaxial) digital output is a simple reproduction of the main stereo output of the Motif XS and is fixed at 24-bit/44.1kHz.

Which you opt to use is entirely up to you… you may only require stereo output recording… of course, you may want the flexibility that comes with routing signals to individual outputs and separate audio tracks. It all depends on where you are at with your own music production.

The type of busing you find with the mLAN/Firewire is arguably the most advanced on any synthesizer (ever). Certainly no competing synth gives you this type of flexibility when it comes to routing and recording of your audio signals.

Image Attachments
mLANexplanation.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2010 @ 05:16 PM
W0lfgang
Total Posts:  222
Joined  07-14-2009

perfect. Thank you for this complete explanation!

[ Ignore ]