mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Studio Manager Using GTRC Templates - Hangs In Memory"

Posted on: March 22, 2010 @ 08:21 PM
scottrod
Total Posts:  122
Joined  06-14-2005

Don’t know where else to go for this!

XP32-SP3 | mLAN | SM 2.3.1 | ES8

Been using a very stable mLAN system with XP32 for months now with Cubase5. I use the Recall function of Studio Manager for my Cubase work constantly.

This weekend I tried my hand at writing a GTRC template for the Roland JD-990 and got it working, transferring patch data both ways. Here’s the problem:

If I run SM as a standalone and load any registered GTRC instruments (Yamaha-written or my own) into the SM2 environment, upon exiting SM, SM2.exe hangs in memory. You can see it in the Task Manager. Trying to kill the process is not successful.

If I try to run SM again, it hangs hard when the splash screen comes up and I have to force a hard shutdown with the power switch on the computer. When I do this I get a mLAN error message saying it “can’t be stopped as an application still has it in use” before the hard shut-down happens a few seconds later.

SM works fine as a standalone with the MotifES voice and part editors and releases itself from memory properly. Loading any registered .GTRC > .YSM file however will cause the problem.

If I run SM2 as a plug-in inside Cubase using GTRC templates (well, they become .YSM files after being registered), they work fine and Cubase shuts down gracefully. No problems.

Synopsis: When I run any registered, properly functioning GTRC template in a stand-alone instance of Studio Manager, SM hangs in memory and does not release itself from memory or release the mLAN drivers under its command.

Any suggestions? Would love to be able to use Recall with my Roland modules, but it’s impossible to do any productive GTRC programming with the SM2.exe constantly hanging in memory.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2010 @ 06:47 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Curious issue. Not sure I will inquiry - see what I can find out. Congrats for developing your own GTRC - I’m surprised more folks have not done this for their gear.

I recall a era when SM2 would hang on closing but it got resolved, I don’t recall what resolved it… I’ll try and find out. Remind in a week if I do not find this trhead again. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2010 @ 08:17 AM
scottrod
Total Posts:  122
Joined  06-14-2005

Thanks Phil.

It just occurred to me that I do have a lot of the XP Services turned off to keep the CPU load low and provide a snappy boot-up, so I may have a service turned off that SM needs when shutting down.

Just a thought if you get the chance to ask someone about the issue.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 800 MHz on 667 MHz laptop?
Next Topic:

HPF Cutoff ››