mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "recording real-time volume on previously recorded tracks"

Posted on: March 21, 2010 @ 03:06 PM
steve34223
Total Posts:  9
Joined  03-21-2010

On a recorded track in song mode. can volume be recorded via a mixing slider in real time ? If so, how ? If not, is there an alternative ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2010 @ 04:47 PM
beechit
Total Posts:  61
Joined  01-28-2010
steve34223 - 21 March 2010 03:06 PM

On a recorded track in song mode. can volume be recorded via a mixing slider in real time ? If so, how ? If not, is there an alternative ?

Have you tried ‘over-dub record’ ? I know it works with the control knobs when applying filter sweeps etc. Maybe you can assign one of the knobs as a ‘velocity’ switch

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2010 @ 01:27 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Volume changes can be recorded in realtime to previously recorded tracks using (as correctly pointed out above) OVERDUB record.

Record Type = “Overdub” allows you to add information to previously record MIDI data. While RECORD TYPE = Replace would erase previous data.

In the XS sequencer you can record Control Slider movement as it sends cc007 Channel Volume messages. Because you are in OVERDUB record and you are adding additional data… once complete you can listen back to it, if you like what you done press [STORE] update your Sequence and Mix data, if you do not like what you have done:
Press [JOB]
Press [F1] UNDO > [ENTER]
You can UNDO - your overdub

hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2010 @ 08:45 AM
steve34223
Total Posts:  9
Joined  03-21-2010

Thanks, I’ll try it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic: