mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Don’t see SQ01 in the CD that came with the MOTIF Rack ES."

Posted on: March 06, 2010 @ 06:36 PM
DPMP
Total Posts:  29
Joined  05-10-2005

I was expecting to see SQ01 (version 2.00 with the Rack ES) but don’t see it.

After surfing the web for several hours, I’ve come to the conlusion that SQ01 was only available for Motif ES, but not ES Rack. Bummer!

Next Question:

Can I use SQ01 ver. 1.xx for the Rack ES? Any degradation of functionality that I don’t know about?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2010 @ 10:34 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Just so you know, support for SQ01 ended some time ago. Although it was a very powerful computer based sequencer, when Yamaha purchased Steinberg in late 2004/early 2005, a special version of Cubase was included when you purchased a Yamaha synth product. This special version included many of the innovations introduced SQ01 - in particular the whole concept of STUDIO CONNECTIONS…

Basically, a method to make your software DAW aware of the hardware you had connected to your computer at the time of the project. It gives you a way to manage not only your external synthesizers, but your external digital mixer and your external digital effect processors. It was way ahead of most every commercially available DAW in this regard, but because it was “free” and most people did not take it seriously. Go figure! :(

We agree it was very powerful, but Yamaha has transitioned to Cubase AI as the entry level (free, introductory) included software DAW for several reasons:

_ Cubase AI is compatible with both Windows and Mac (SQ01 was Windows only).

_ Cubase AI has an upgrade path, (SQ01 did not for most markets)… in other words, including a DAW solution with a keyboard synth was strictly to whet the apetite of those who wanted to move to the bigger world of computer-based recording. The upgrade software from SQ01 was (is) only available in Japan language (as far as I know). So by providing Cubase AI, you have an opportunity, if you discover that computer-based recording is of interest to you, to upgrade to Cubase Essential, Cubase Studio or the full version of Cubase. And yet Yamaha can introduce you to the whole “Advanced Integration” protocols we first introduced in SQ01.

Just FYI

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2010 @ 03:38 AM
DPMP
Total Posts:  29
Joined  05-10-2005

So, can I download Cubase AI somewhere for my Motif Racks/ES? Should I contact Yamaha to… buy it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2010 @ 11:55 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Cubase AI is a not for sale product, it is typically provided with a pruchase of particular Yamaha products as an introduction to the Cubase family of DAW software. You can certainly contact Yamaha and plead your case.

Just FYI: There is a trial version of Cubase 5 (30 day trial) CUbase 5 is the top-of-the-line version of the Steinberg Music Production softwares.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Power supply/plug problem
Next Topic:

My wishlist for Yamaha ››