mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Listen to my entire album, made with the XS 8"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: March 03, 2010 @ 11:23 PM
ajm786
Total Posts:  185
Joined  12-27-2008

Edit: 4-27-10
Below is the original post. Unfortunately, during this time, Last.FM stopped allowing on demand streaming. I’ve remedied this by uploading to Reverbnation so you guys can have a listen.

Here’s the link! I hope you can enjoy it now!

http://bit.ly/bIXEdY

--------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone.

For a LIMITED TIME ONLY, I have made my album A Million Tears available, in full length, on Last.FM.

http://nuwrayn.com/2010/03/03/listen-to-the-entire-album-a-million-tears-for-free/

I’d love to hear feedback from everyone! Thanks, and I hope you love the music!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2010 @ 03:56 PM
ajm786
Joined  12-27-2008

So how do you guys like it so far? :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2010 @ 04:33 PM
truberto
Total Posts:  23
Joined  06-21-2009

I had the chance to listen to a few tracks - absolutely wonderful.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2010 @ 05:02 PM
ajm786
Joined  12-27-2008
truberto - 04 March 2010 04:33 PM

I had the chance to listen to a few tracks - absolutely wonderful.

I’m humbled. Thanks! :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2010 @ 09:19 PM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

WOW, I really, really like all of that.
Your on http://www.lastfm.com I love that site as well, listen everyday.
How did you get your music on there,,they get traffic.

Hey, thanks so very much for sharing your wonderful music.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2010 @ 12:09 AM
tbeltrans
Total Posts:  124
Joined  04-01-2008

I REALLY liked your album and intend to purchase it.

Tony

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2010 @ 03:05 AM
ajm786
Joined  12-27-2008
tbeltrans - 05 March 2010 12:09 AM

I REALLY liked your album and intend to purchase it.

Tony

Thanks guys! Your feedback really means a great deal to me. I appreciate all your support, and I’m glad you guys enjoy it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2010 @ 05:48 AM
T4MH
Total Posts:  169
Joined  10-20-2008

WOW!  I’m impressed!  Much better use of the XS than I thought was possible!  I guess I’m back to the drawing board… Geeez…

T4MH

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2010 @ 11:01 AM
ajm786
Joined  12-27-2008
T4MH - 05 March 2010 05:48 AM

WOW!  I’m impressed!  Much better use of the XS than I thought was possible!  I guess I’m back to the drawing board… Geeez…

T4MH

I’m telling you, the XS is one FINE instrument. It has an uncanny ability to reproduce sounds so accurately and genuinely that it can fool you into thinking there were live instruments playing.

That’s exactly what I was going for with this album. Many albums nowadays that I listen to , I can tell very distinctly if it’s a synth, or if it’s live instrumentation. That’s one of the things I tried to do with this album: fuse the two, or bring them closer together.

You will find in my next album, which is slated to be released sometime this year, that the gap has been shortened quite a bit more. The instrumentation on it will actually sound like live instrumentation backing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2010 @ 12:03 PM
T4MH
Total Posts:  169
Joined  10-20-2008

Well you’ve made a believer out of me!  You have one track that has an acoustic guitar lead, I don’t remember which one.  I AM a guitar player ( more than a keyboard player ) and I don’t know that I could have cut the part any better playing guitar!  Well done!  And you probably make it all look real easy when your at the keyboard…

As one who is learning, I would be interested in hearing some about how you have created this music.  Maybe I should spend more time in MO Songs.  Theres and idea…

T4MH

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2010 @ 12:05 PM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

I think the way Yamaha does it, is to mimik the real instrument.
They are samples of the REAL THING, so thus, you ARE getting the real sound, of the real thing,,but sampled to EXACT quality… yeah Yamaha ruls baby.. LOL

Try AXXE from DCP Productions for the Motif XS, in the Motif Mart. I know you will love that, I do, and I use it on ALL recordings that contain guitar.
Also, I use Studio Drums as well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2010 @ 12:25 PM
ajm786
Joined  12-27-2008
T4MH - 05 March 2010 12:03 PM

Well you’ve made a believer out of me!  You have one track that has an acoustic guitar lead, I don’t remember which one.  I AM a guitar player ( more than a keyboard player ) and I don’t know that I could have cut the part any better playing guitar!  Well done!  And you probably make it all look real easy when your at the keyboard…

Thank you! That is quite a compliment. I admit I do not know how to play the guitar, and making the guitar tracks is one of the most intimidating (hard) processes I had to endure when I was making my music.

T4MH - 05 March 2010 12:03 PM

As one who is learning, I would be interested in hearing some about how you have created this music.  Maybe I should spend more time in MO Songs.  Theres and idea…

T4MH

I do not know how to read music, so as soon as I feel a certain way, I simply go to the keyboard and play what I feel. If it sounds good (it usually does :-D ), I play it 3 or 4 times to make sure I can get it down, record, and move on the next phrase.

After this is all done, I port all this into Sonar Cakewalk, mix, and then master. Takes about 3-4 days (entire days) to make a song.

This is how I do it in a nutshell. Of course, it is MUCH more intricate than this. :-D

The Funk Master - 05 March 2010 12:05 PM

I think the way Yamaha does it, is to mimik the real instrument.
They are samples of the REAL THING, so thus, you ARE getting the real sound, of the real thing,,but sampled to EXACT quality… yeah Yamaha ruls baby.. LOL

This is true. :-D I guess it is the real thing after all. I’d be hard pressed to find a Korg or Roland that comes even close to this quality; this is the exact reason why I chose the XS.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2010 @ 11:03 PM
ajm786
Joined  12-27-2008

I just wanted to let you guys know that I decided to keep it up for another week. Thanks for listening everyone!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2010 @ 01:33 PM
trifidmaster
Total Posts:  419
Joined  02-20-2006

ajm786,
Nice ambiance!

well, usually when I listen here some songs, I often have a 1st feeling about them, and I give some comments/advice - actually it is not me, but my body tells me how and what…

But, for this time I do not comment - Just tell me where can I purchase it. OK?

trif.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2010 @ 02:17 PM
ajm786
Joined  12-27-2008
trifidmaster - 17 March 2010 01:33 PM

ajm786,
Nice ambiance!

well, usually when I listen here some songs, I often have a 1st feeling about them, and I give some comments/advice - actually it is not me, but my body tells me how and what…

But, for this time I do not comment - Just tell me where can I purchase it. OK?

trif.

:D

I cannot thank you guys enough. The simple fact that this music can make a difference for anyone is enough to humble me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2010 @ 04:40 PM
spike88
Total Posts:  154
Joined  06-24-2008

I’m gobsmacked.
This is really professional stuff, it’s restored my faith in the Motif.
I’ve listened to all the tracks at least twice - I hope this leads to your fame and fortune, you just made one more fan
Thanks
Spike

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ my demo song"Alya Blym" 3/03/2010
Next Topic:

Submitted for your aproval ››