mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif 8 & reaper set up for vst recording"

Posted on: March 01, 2010 @ 04:50 AM
beyondsight
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-16-2009

Help please !
I know that this is an odd request. But I am very new to this using computer software with my Mo 8 . I have a m-audio firewire 410.  I have managed to get the audio to play in the software no problem . my problem is with the midi setup and dxi.I want to be able to play the vst or dxi through my Motif 8 .but I don’t know how or where to begin. I connected the midi cables the keyboard out to the midi in of the m--audio which is connected via firewire to the computer and the midi out of the firewire 410 to the in of the keyboard(motif 8. the dxi and vst plays fine with the mouse but I really need to learn how to set up this to play through the motif. can anyone tell me how. I am a total beginner and I need your help . Sampletank can play up to 16 voices at once I’m sure that I’m missing some step or steps but I don’t know what to do Please help if anyone knows the proper way to set up your keyboard to play sounds from your computer program ie vsts, vstis, dxis .I know that I’m committing some newbie mistakes but please help me . This is all new to me and I didn’t expect to get it all in a few days but Of course I’ll appreciate any help that you can provide.
I am able to see levels when i click manually on the vsti with a mouse and i can hear the guitar sound on the vsti/dxi inside reaper. I want to know what I don’t have set up correctly to get the computer to see and the motif and play the guitar or any other sounds through the motif. am I missing some other setting inside the Motif or Reaper ???  has anyone else had this experience . this is my first time connecting the motif to a computer for recording and I’m lost. I was able to figure out how to record audio but man grasping how the vsts record and work is another story. Again if somone could please tell me haow to properly set up the motif to play the sounds from the vstis in reaper and the dxi I would greatly appreciate . I ‘m new to this.I guess the biggest part of my question is how to use the motif8 and a controller to play vsti sounds . yes i’m still using the orginal mo8 I can’ afford the newer models and I still love the piano sound on this man!
thanks ,
Sincerely
Steve Dream

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Yamaha MSP7 Studio
Next Topic:

HS80M input sensitivity confusion ››