mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "how to interface mlan16e to my 02R"

Posted on: February 09, 2010 @ 07:48 PM
c-post@pacbell.net
Total Posts:  35
Joined  02-23-2006

I have a classic 24 bit 02R and I wish to digitally interface my MOTIF ES8 into it. If I have an MLAN16E and plug it into the motif, and I have TDIF cards in my 02R (as well as analog inputs) what would be the best way to feed multi channels of the motif into the 02R?

Also I have Y2 and ODI digital interface paths available into the 02R. I also have an available XP tower. However, my aim is to get MLAN into the 02R, NOT into the computer. A Protools Mac is already nicely interfaced with the 02R.

thanks!

c-post

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2010 @ 10:42 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The classic 02R (circa 1995) ?

You’d better get in touch with Customer Support at Yamaha, you may still find someone who remembers your options for that beast. The original 02R pre-dates even the concept of mLAN and precedes the first commercially available mLAN16E by half a dozen years.

Your best bet is to find an *ACTUAL* AIEB2, which also has be long discontinued. Good luck. The AIEB2 would give you access to the main L/R outputs, the two built-in Assignable Outputs, plus 6 additional analog Outputs… a total of 10 analog output buses.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2010 @ 05:52 PM
c-post@pacbell.net
Joined  02-23-2006

Well, i have been unable to find an AIEB2. My 02R is not a “beast”, it cost me a lot of money (over 10K) but it is the most reliable piece of gear that I own. I think it’s a wonderful mixer.

but never mind the 02R, all I’m saying is HOW can I get the Mlan16e to feed me some kind of 8 or 16 ch audio outputs that might be fed to another piece of equipment? You guys should honor your original YDAG interface and or continue to make available the AIEB2. I only bought the Motif 4 years ago, brand new from Guitar Center.

Perhaps an I88x would help me get there.

regards

c-post

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2010 @ 07:34 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You’d better get in touch with Customer Support at Yamaha - they may have some leads on legacy gear.

The i88X, 2004 (now also discontinued) will allow you to connect 8 analog inputs, 8 ADAT inputs and (stereo) SP/DIF and output mLAN - it will also take incoming mLAN from your Motif ES and output 8 analog channels, 8 ADAT channels and stereo SP/DIF

And while a computer is necessary to configure the network, it can run without the computer being present.

I hope you know, I have no control over when or if a product is discontinued, however, when you purchased the Motif ES new (some four years ago, it was at the end of its life cycle) the AIEB2 was still a current product. Today, neither the Motif ES, nor any of the products that used the AIEB2 are current products.

- you have to realize that in technology circles this is normal… when your 02R was new, Windows 3.1 was roaming the planet, since then (count them up) Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, NT, XP and Vista have come and GONE!!! (and I’m sure I’ve forgotten some).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2010 @ 07:44 PM
c-post@pacbell.net
Joined  02-23-2006

Yes, I already have, spoke to a tech on Wednesday. Looks like the mlan16e is a dead end for me unless I have a computer at the other end of it, and even then I wouldn’t be able to route REAL TIME signals of any kind out of the Mlan16e or the computer to feed an 02R board or anything else. Yamaha, please manufacture some more AIEB2’s! Here’s my money, please take it!

thanks

c-post

[ Ignore ]