mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording arppeggios"

Posted on: January 15, 2010 @ 03:47 AM
musicmaiden
Total Posts:  6
Joined  01-05-2010

I’m having problems recording the arpeggio that I want. I’ll be in the Category Search mode and I’ll press the arpeggio button for various voices to find one that I like. Then when I go to record it, I get a completely different arpeggio from the original one in the Category Search mode. For example, lets say that I found a piano arpeggio in a swing pattern that I liked when I was going through the Category Search mode. I would then going into Song mode to record this arpeggio. I’d punch in the voice numbers, but when I press down a key for the arpeggio, I get some weird latin piano instead of the one I want, and the more keys I press down, the worse the arpeggio sounds. How can you control which arpeggio you can record?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2010 @ 12:16 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

When you press the RECORD button, you’ll see tabs in the display labeled ARP and RECARP.

ARP is where you can choose up to 5 arps to be available.

RECARP allows you to record the output of the arpeggiator into the track (otherwise you record just the keys you play and need to run the arp during playback).

Read the manual for more info on ARP and RECARP.

If you just want the arps to be the same as what was programmed into the voice used for the track, see this article for the ES. I assume it’s similar for the XS...there is no XS specific article I could find.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Putting a CD together
Next Topic:

Metronome ››