mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to transpose keys with Motif 6?"

Posted on: January 13, 2010 @ 06:23 PM
fido
Total Posts:  1
Joined  01-13-2010

Hi folks, I need to figure out how to get the Motif 6 to transpose keys.  For example, a minor key to a minor key, etc.  Other keyboards/synths I’ve used can do this with a touch of a button but with the Motif it’s not obvious.  At least, not beyond just a few cents, which it can do.  I need it to be done in real-time (as I play).  I’m not referring to a feature which would do off-line processing of stored patterns/jobs.  Hopefully someone knows a procedure or at least a work-around.  Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2010 @ 03:28 PM
sunfly
Total Posts:  19
Joined  01-13-2008

Hello i have checked out just about all i have on transposing and here is all you can do as far as transposing goes hopefully it meets your requirement

TRANSPOSING A TRACK PATTERN / SONG > JOB > NOTE > TRACK > 05 TRANSPOSE > ENTER > STATE CHANGES > ENTER

Part pitch by semitones and detuning by cents: pattern > utility > F1 general > sf1 TG > [ volume / note shift / tune ]

pattern > utility > F1 general > sf2 KBD [ octave / transpose ]

Ways to use the patch screen with the user and
preset phrases: simply record or assign a phrase > copy it > edit the copy as much as you like
Stacking voices by assigning copy to another track so its in unison or if you transpose a copy on another track by semitones to create a harmony when payed simultaneously

You must convert a preset phrase to a user phrase before it can be edited***

Converting a preset phrase to a user phrase to edit : pattern > F4 patch [ dial in a preset phrase ] > sf5 copy > enter / yes > F4 patch > you can now see the preset phrase is now a user phrase on the same or any track you assigned it to and you can edit it forever

[ Ignore ]