mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Foot Switch to Change Patches?"

Posted on: December 31, 2009 @ 01:54 AM
liquidtension89
Total Posts:  5
Joined  12-31-2009

In my band Tetrafusion we have lots of keyboard patch changes which makes it very difficult in live situations.  Is it possible to have a foot switch to change the patches?  Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 31, 2009 @ 11:16 AM
Multi76
Total Posts:  898
Joined  07-19-2009

YES…

It is possible to change settings using different pedals and setups.

/M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 31, 2009 @ 02:02 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The reason you probably did not receive an answer as to “how”, is due to your wording… a “PATCH” is not descriptive in Motif XS-speak. A PATCH in the Motif XS is how you manage Phrases in a PATTERN.

Press [PATTERN] to enter Pattern mode
Press [F4] PATCH
The “patch” grid shows you what user Phrase is active on what track at the current time.

We are sure you are referring to either VOICES (Voice mode), PERFORMANCES (Perform Mode), or MASTER programs (Master mode)…

What mode do you require to make changes?

In general, a foot switch (FC4/FC5 type) can be plugged into the Assignable Foot Switch jack and can be used in VOICE mode to advance between VOICES.

[UTILITY] > [F3] VOICE > [SF3] CONTROL
Set FOOT SWITCH CONTROL NO. = 098 Program Change Inc (Program Change Increment)

The Foot Switch is programmable on a per PERFORMANCE and per SONG/PATTERN basis. So if you require to move between PERFORMANCES for example, you would need to program the FOOT SWITCH on a per PROGRAM basis.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 31, 2009 @ 07:46 PM
Multi76
Joined  07-19-2009

Thanx BM for your input!

Might I also add that it is possible to control your XS with equipment like the MFC10…
http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail.html?CNTID=1158

liquidtension89, you can search the forum and find additional info on the MFC10 and how to use it with your XS…

Lots of possibilites…

/M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 31, 2009 @ 08:09 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

We will teach how to fish .

On the right hand side of the site, below where your log in name appear there is a keyword search.

It will search the entire site including the forums, support docs, videos and even the store and come up with everything related toa topic.

Just type in MFC10 and you will get a number of docs and posts.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 31, 2009 @ 08:54 PM
Alaskan Buckeye
Total Posts:  57
Joined  12-03-2007

For live use, I set both my XS’s in MASTER mode, then can advance my preset PERFORMANCES and VOICES in MASTER mode with the FC4 right along with the song set.  Works great!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2010 @ 01:53 AM
liquidtension89
Joined  12-31-2009

Thanks guys.  I’m not actually the keyboardist, I’m the guitarist, so sorry for my choice of wordage.  For some reason the keyboardist has never really invested time into figuring out this issue so I thought I’d figure it out for him and make it, say a Christmas present or something.

Thanks again!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2010 @ 10:22 AM
Multi76
Joined  07-19-2009

Your keyboard player should really explore his XS.
The XS is packed with features that can be useful for him and your band.
He is welcome to join the Motifator forum!

/M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2010 @ 09:44 PM
liquidtension89
Joined  12-31-2009

Ok, I’m reporting on behalf of my keyboardist again.  He tried the foot switch thing and he said it only worked in VOICE mode.  He told me he requires MASTER mode because he overlays lots of sounds.  Any solutions?

Yes, I wish he would join this forum!  It seems really great here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2010 @ 12:03 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

As I said in my original answer:

In general, a foot switch (FC4/FC5 type) can be plugged into the Assignable Foot Switch jack and can be used in VOICE mode to advance between VOICES.

[UTILITY] > [F3] VOICE > [SF3] CONTROL
Set FOOT SWITCH CONTROL NO. = 098 Program Change Inc (Program Change Increment)

The Foot Switch is programmable on a per PERFORMANCE and per SONG/PATTERN basis. So if you require to move between PERFORMANCES for example, you would need to program the FOOT SWITCH on a per PROGRAM basis.

What this means is ........
If you are using it with PERFORMANCES, and/or SONG/PATTERN MIXING programs you will need to edit each one of these so that it can respond to your Foot Switch.

Master programs are always associated with a VOICE, a PERFORMANCE or a SONG or PATTERN.

So say the first MASTER is recalling an internal PERFORMANCE, your keyboard player must edit that PERFORMANCE so that the FOOT SWITCH is set to 098 Program Change Increment.

Call up the PERFORMANCE
Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON EDIT]
Press [F3] CTRL ASGN
Set the FOOT SWITCH CONTROL NO. = 098 Program Change Inc

Press [STORE] to store the PERFORMANCE
Now when he returns to MASTER mode that PERFORMANCE will be able to advance according to the Foot Switch.
Rinse and repeat for each PERFORMANCE that he requires the Program Change advance.

Do this for each PERFORMANCE that is associated with a MASTER.

If the MASTER program is recalling an internal SONG or PATTERN your keyboard player must edit that SONG MIXING or PATTERN MIXING program so that FOOT SWITCH is set to 098 Program Change Increment.

Call up the individual SONG or PATTERN
Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON EDIT]
Press [F3] CTRL ASGN
Set the FOOT SWITCH CONTROL NO> = 098 Program Change Inc

Press [STORE] to store the MIXING program
Now when he returns to MASTER mode that SONG/PATTERN MIXING program will be able to advance according to the Foot Switch assignment.
Rinse and repeat for each SONG/PATTERN MIXING that he requires the Program Change advance.

Hope that is clear.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS - Any Cons ?
Next Topic:

Reversed Piano Sound ››