mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Question about guitar feedback effect on PLG100-XG"

Posted on: November 30, 2009 @ 02:13 PM
80skeys
Total Posts:  2
Joined  11-30-2009

Hello everyone:

If you listen to the Survivor song “I Can’t Hold Back” you see there is extensive use of guitar feedback. Starting with the second verse the guitar bangs out a chord, then holds a single note which produces the feedback/overtone effect and it grows stronger as the note is held.

I’d like to know how to program this effect on a PLG100XG board. Anybody familiar with this? I’m using XGWorks as my midi editor.

Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2009 @ 04:18 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
80skeys - 30 November 2009 02:13 PM

Hello everyone:

If you listen to the Survivor song “I Can’t Hold Back” you see there is extensive use of guitar feedback. Starting with the second verse the guitar bangs out a chord, then holds a single note which produces the feedback/overtone effect and it grows stronger as the note is held.

I’d like to know how to program this effect on a PLG100XG board. Anybody familiar with this? I’m using XGWorks as my midi editor.

Mike

Try Feedbacker sound (Preset bank 3, #68, E04). I don’t know how to do this on XG board, but maybe you should find some settings useful when editing this sound (effects).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2009 @ 06:56 PM
80skeys
Total Posts:  2
Joined  11-30-2009

Alex - I’ll give that a look and post my results. Thanks for the info.
mike

[ Ignore ]