mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Effects on the Motif ES rack"

Posted on: November 22, 2009 @ 10:48 PM
cseymour
Total Posts:  30
Joined  11-22-2009

Hello,
I have a motif ES rack and an Motif XS8. I bought the rack because it was a lot easier to carry around. I am in the process of taking all of my programs and putting them into the rack. I am having a problem with the effects. I am not able to get the chorus or delays to work but the verbs are. All of my routing seems to be right and the settings all match my XS8. Like I said, the reverb is working fine. I am using the TempoCRDLY and none of the delays or chorus seem to be working just the verbs. I have gone thru all of the delays and chorus and bypassed the verb side and its dry with no effect what so ever. Can anyone shed some light on this for me.. Thanks in advance…
Chris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2009 @ 08:25 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I have a motif ES rack and an Motif XS8. I bought the rack because it was a lot easier to carry around. I am in the process of taking all of my programs and putting them into the rack.

Not sure what this means… since Motif XS8 sounds cannot be put into a Rack ES. Please explain?

And do you realize you posted in the original Motif Rack forum

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2009 @ 11:25 PM
cseymour
Total Posts:  30
Joined  11-22-2009

Hello Bad_Mister,
I realised it as soon as I hit submit. I also wrote it in the ES rack area after I saw that. To answer your question, I have a XS8 with a lot of 80s sounds that I purchased and treaked more to my liking. These sounds are also formated for the ES rack. I loaded the sounds into the ES rack and they work fine. I am in the process of loading or should I say programing the sounds in multi mode. The multi patches wouldnt load by themselves so I am manually editing each one seperate and saving it. My problem was one of my patches, called FINAL COUNTDOWN, didnt allow me to use the delay it needed. I later found out that it was due to being switched off in the parameters for the delay. Took me a while to figure it out, but I did. Now I am trying to figure out why my yamaha software and rack arent talking. They were. Something got changed somewhere. I get a error message. I went in and changed the midi to USB and it starts to load and gets to about 25% and a midi bulk error comes up. I am using the latest USB drivers and the latest Studio manager. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Chris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2009 @ 12:44 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Something got changed somewhere. I get a error message. I went in and changed the midi to USB and it starts to load and gets to about 25% and a midi bulk error comes up. I am using the latest USB drivers and the latest Studio manager. Any ideas?

Not from the information given… sorry. Try going over your MIDI connection parameters.

[ Ignore ]