mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "“An additional midi driver cannot be installed on this computer”"

Posted on: November 15, 2009 @ 10:36 PM
tonyggg
Total Posts:  43
Joined  11-15-2009

New to my Motif ES8 but not new to midi/computers/windows.
I tried searching for answer before posting and have followed all installation instructions. Having said that;

When installing the driver for the Motif ES, the installation stops with and error message that read: “An additional midi driver cannot be installed on this computer, please remove any unused midi drivers”

Obviously I don’t want to uninstall all my other midi drivers (soundcard, processing gear, other hardware) because they are needed.
How do I get around this problem?

Operating system is Windows XP Pro, SP3, 32bit

If anybody can get me through this, it would be appreciated, I am anxious to start using the Voice Editor.

TIA

Sorry, wrong location for question, have copied it to Motif ES forum.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2009 @ 12:59 AM
tonyggg
Total Posts:  43
Joined  11-15-2009

After a number of Google searches, I was able to find instructions using Device Manager and having it show “greyed out” devices no longer used. I found some old drivers for a Lexicon Lambda I once had. Deleting them solved the problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ OK - Stuck at Step #1
Next Topic:

Splitting voices at will. and saving the settings ››