mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "need help with motif rack es setup to cubase 4?"

Posted on: November 11, 2009 @ 12:47 AM
explicit muzick
Total Posts:  5
Joined  06-29-2007

hello everyone, i cant seem to get my motif rack es to record in cubase 4, any help will be greatly appreciated. i currently have my motif rack connected to a motu ultralite on analog outputs 3 and 4. in a midi track in cubase i can see my midi signal (axiom 49)responding but no actual sound is being played back. i know my axiom works because it functions with reason 4 and record 1.0. what is it that im doing incorrectly?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 11, 2009 @ 03:04 PM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Did you say that right?  Analog OUTPUTS 3 & 4?  Shouldn’t they be INPUTs?

Do you have CUBASE set to Echo the MIDI signal back to the MOTIF? 

If you plug headphones int he MOTIF panel, are you hearing anything there?

If not, you have a MIDI routing issue.  If you DO, you have an AUDIO routing issue.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 11, 2009 @ 08:54 PM
explicit muzick
Total Posts:  5
Joined  06-29-2007

thanks for the response and yeah your right i meant inputs 3 and 4 of my ultralite. i must be having routing issues and its driving me nuts considering that when i had my motif rack connected in nuendo via a laptop it was working perfectly fine, now on a newer more powerful pc and cubase 5 i cant seem to route it correctly. in the motif rack es under the utility option i have my midi in/out set on usb like i originally had with nuendo so i dont have to change any of those settings, correct? i must be doing something wrong in cubase 5 (64 bit edition).

[ Ignore ]