mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "motif rack es with reason’s record help"

Posted on: November 10, 2009 @ 01:08 AM
explicit muzick
Total Posts:  5
Joined  06-29-2007

I just purchased record a few days ago and have only one lil problem i cant seem to figure out yet. my yamaha motif rack es can be heard in an audio track but my midi controller which is a m-audio axiom is not allowing me to play the sounds back to record in the audio track, the axiom is working fine since im able to record midi sequences in the sequencer with the other devices. i am also having the same problem with cubase 5.what am i doing wrong? any help would be highly appreciated thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2009 @ 08:30 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You make no mention of an Audio Interface. In order to record to an audio track, you need a way to get audio from your Motif-Rack ES into your computer.

MIDI is not audio. In the almost three decades of MIDI, no one has ever heard MIDI. MIDI data is a series of coded messages that must be ‘interpreted’ by a MIDI tone engine (like your Motif-Rack ES).

Much like the holes punched in a roll of paper “represent” the piano music to an old style Player Piano, MIDI data by itself is not music. Only when the roll of paper is placed in a Player Piano does the Player Piano output audible sound, that is the “music” (which can be heard).

MIDI data = the piano roll
Motif-Rack ES = the Player Piano

You cannot hear the MIDI data without the Motif-Rack ES to interpret the data and output the audio. So the question is: To what do you have the left and right outputs of your Motif-Rack ES connected?

You need an Audio Interface - a device that will take the audio output of the Motif-Rack ES and route it INTO the computer, take the returning audio data from the computer and then route it to your speaker or sound system.

Here are examples of AUDIO INTERFACES:
Yamaha AudioGram audio interfaces

Yamaha MW-series mixers

Steinberg Ci2 audio interface

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2009 @ 10:14 PM
explicit muzick
Total Posts:  5
Joined  06-29-2007

oh yes your right i did forget to mention the obvious lol i have my yamaha motif rack connected to my motu ultra lite audio interface into output port 3-4.

[ Ignore ]