mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Logic 9 and mLAN"

Posted on: November 04, 2009 @ 10:45 AM
hsfougaris
Total Posts:  18
Joined  05-12-2009

I have downloaded motif8mines notes on setting up the motif with Logic 9, but I still have some issues that are confusing me:

Although audio seems to work (I get audio in and out), MIDI acts strange; it seems to work, but everything goes in one track. I read the note in the instructions about this issue, but deselecting the track doesn’t help. So in order to troubleshoot this, I would appreciate it if someone could answer the following questions:

1) Can you only record midi tracks from song mode, or can you also record from voice and performance mode?

2) Are arpeggios supposed to be recorded? Right now, only the chords I play are recorded and not the arpeggiated notes

3) Are you supposed to be able to record all tracks of a performance to separate logic tracks simultaneously, or do you have to record them one by one?

I had tried a few times the environment for Logic 8 a couple of months ago which seemed to work better for me, but because of a firewire issue I couldn’t really work with the Motif and my laptop. Now I have a new laptop and Logic 9, and nothing seems to work for me.

Thanking you in advance,
Harry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2009 @ 11:33 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

1) Can you only record midi tracks from song mode, or can you also record from voice and performance mode?

Yes but they will only address one MIDI Channel in the Motif. And, they will transmit only one track into Logic. Therefore, a Song MIXING or Pattern MIXING is absolutely the best way to go...

2) Are arpeggios supposed to be recorded? Right now, only the chords I play are recorded and not the arpeggiated notes

If you are attempting to transfer them into Logic, Yes, they should be recorded. (See Answer Here)

3) Are you supposed to be able to record all tracks of a performance to separate logic tracks simultaneously, or do you have to record them one by one?

See Answer above: performance mode transmits and receives one MIDI channel only… You need to start working in a multi-track, multi-channel mode of the XS. (See Bad_Mister’s Reply Here)

I had tried a few times the environment for Logic 8 a couple of months ago which seemed to work better for me

As it relates to recording in the XS’ Performance or Voice Mode into Logic, there really shouldn’t, dare I say can’t, be any difference in your experience- whether it’s into Logic 8 or Logic 9. Start delving into Song Mode…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2009 @ 12:21 PM
hsfougaris
Total Posts:  18
Joined  05-12-2009
motif8mine - 04 November 2009 11:33 AM

Start delving into Song Mode…

Thank you so much for you help… I’ll give everything you mention a go.
Just to be clear: you are saying that I need to save my performance into a song on the motif, and then play back the song in order to transfer it to Logic?

Thanks again,
Harry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2009 @ 12:54 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Yes…

[ Ignore ]