mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Midi Soft thru like function?"

Posted on: October 30, 2009 @ 01:16 PM
regtulk
Total Posts:  7
Joined  04-05-2007

Hello
Im using my MotifXS8 as a Master controller for my on stage keyboard rig - my slave is a Kurzweil K2500.  Is there any way to return MIDI information back to my Kurzweil?

What I’d like to be able to do is play a Kurzweil sound from the kurzweil keyboard - except i need to have local off on the kurzweil.  I mostly use it to play Organ sounds from the motif or play its sounds from the motif keyboard - but i’d like to be able to solo on it and I cant figure out a way to get the motif to “return” the note on data.

My setup is pretty basic, the motif is in “master/song” mode and i have MIDI out from the motif to MIDI in of the Kurzweil, MIDI out of the Kurzweil to MIDI in on the motif - The Kurzweil is only transmitting on MIDI channel 7.
Currently I have to quick-local-on-select-sound-in-the-dark on the Kurzweil to get it to work (often with some pretty terrible “oops!” results) I’d sure love to be able to pick a master and solo!

Thanks on advance for any ideas!
Cheers
Reggie “Hammond” Tulk
Twin Cities, MN

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 09, 2009 @ 08:12 PM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Mate

Talk us through your midi setup.

Have you tried MIDI Out of the Kurz to MIDI In of the motif, then MIDI thru from the Motif back to MIDI in of the Kurz - now I am assuming that you already have MIDI Out from the Motif running to MIDI In of the Kurz - if so, for the rest of this scenario to work, you’ll need a MIDI merge box.

I guess you are looking for a way to do it without the merge box - not sure it can be done.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]