mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "THE THRILL IS GONE…"

Posted on: October 22, 2009 @ 09:28 PM
docmiaz
Total Posts:  26
Joined  10-22-2009

Ok, I just got my Motif Rack es last night and was as thrilled as can be. Everything worked great...until I installed the usb driver and studio editor. Last night I was able to just plug the Motif Rack Es into my mixer and get busy. Everything came out great. The problem now is unless I have that studio editor running...I can’t hear a thing. I have to have it running on my computer in order to hear my motif now. If I close the program. I can’t hear anything. What in the world did I do wrong? I have spent the whole day trying to get this thing to work again, rather than working on music.

Here’s the relevant part of my set up:

M-audio firewire 410
Windows vista 64
Motif Rack Es
Yamaha MM6

I have the Midi in from the Motif Rack Es going to Midi out to the Firewire 410.

The firewire 410 is plugged into my mixer. I have two 1/4 cables from the Motif Rack Es OUT to channel 8 input on my mixer. All of this worked great last night until I installed the drivers. I’d also like to trigger Motif Rack es sounds with my Korg Pad Kontrol as well but that’s for another day.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2009 @ 03:01 AM
darriket
Total Posts:  27
Joined  03-01-2008

check whether or not local control is on or off

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2009 @ 03:22 AM
docmiaz
Joined  10-22-2009

Should it be set to on?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2009 @ 03:39 AM
docmiaz
Joined  10-22-2009

One more thing. Where is local control located. Is it under utility.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2009 @ 02:52 PM
docmiaz
Joined  10-22-2009

I unplugged the usb cable, unclicked the midi thu on my firewire 410 soundcard and as far as the Korg kontrol Pad. It’s hooked up through USB. As long as you match up the midi “channel” in Sonar 8’s midi track with the same track in multi mode of the Motif Rack es. You should be fine.

Just thought I’d share the solution.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Studio Manager 2.3.1 and Motif=Rack ES problems...
Next Topic:

MIDI Levels ››