mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Bloody annoying bug!!! Please help…"

Posted on: October 01, 2009 @ 04:04 PM
FaBfotty
Total Posts:  14
Joined  11-07-2007

Hey guys, so this is what motif is doin to me for the past 2 days:

I’ve been with my Rack ES for 2 years now, each half year im reinstalling Windows and all the plugins etc, including Motif Rack Es drivers, studio manag. and multipart ed. Injecting Motif into Cubase SX it’s like a habbit for me, well i thought i knew everything untill it happened few days ago…

I bought two more additional memory modules for my tower Dell, unplugged all the wiring , installed memory, then put all wires back in, and turned on the computer. Smashing, from 1 gb straight to 3.. well done. So then im about to run Cubase and see the improvement, but what i see is that Motif greets me with message “Couldnt find Motif Rack Es in Synth1” then No Midi ports could be found, Yamaha USB in 01, out 01 are missing”. Literally i have tried EVERYTHING u name it, from reinstalling the latest drivers (22.3) reinstalling studio man and part ed, takin Motif Hardware back to Factory Setting, checking UTILITY>MIDI for USB. I CANT BLOODY GET THOSE Yamaha Usb In 01 out 01 PORTS WHATSOEVER, all i get is my other midi devices and YAMAHA RACK ES 01 to YAMAHA RACK ES 08, no INS no OUTS… I dunno what to do.. I really appreaciate any advice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2009 @ 03:00 PM
FaBfotty
Joined  11-07-2007

guys please… i got 10 projects stuck because of this.. any advice

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2009 @ 12:00 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry but your post makes no sense. For heaven’s sake stop reinstalling things. That is the ultimate panic move, most folks do not have to reinstall things. Yes, reinstalling things does return to a place where things are NEW and working (but it is fairly obvious that for 2 years or more you have been relying on that methodology instead of actually getting the gear configured so that when you shut down and start again for the next session, it just works). You have gotten yourself into a BAD HABIT.

Trust me, it is supposed to work without you having to reinstall things everytime.

Usually when you do not get any response to a question about a computer related issue it is because you either did not supply enough information for someone to help you, and/or your post is simply not clear.

You did both. Please let us know what type of Windows computer - that is what operating system, what are the specs of your system.
What version of Cubase your are talking about? SX yes, but what version of SX?
What version of the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver you are dealing with (22.3???) are you sure that is the one? There is no such version.
What version of Studio Manager? (the version number, please)
What version of the Motif ES Editors?

Please do not say the “latest”. If you don’t mind let us determine if you indeed have the latest.

Let us know… we’d be happy to help you - but need that information.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2009 @ 06:37 PM
FaBfotty
Joined  11-07-2007

Bad Mister, i know you’re the one who gonna help when it’s critical. I do really appreciate your response and advise, fortunately i have found the problem, and funny enough it was behind the UPDATED usb-midi driver. I have rolled back to the oldest version and it worked, it eventually showed me the yamaha usb in/out 0-1.Now should i be surprised that having installed the latest version i’ve downloaded from yamaha website, it didn’t work? I think this is best description for that: “They say, if it is NEW doesn’t mean it is GOOD”

Thanx Bad Mister again!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2009 @ 11:01 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Now should i be surprised that having installed the latest version i’ve downloaded from yamaha website, it didn’t work? I think this is best description for that: “They say, if it is NEW doesn’t mean it is GOOD”

I think you are making believe you have solved your problem (at least you have things working as they did 2 years ago) lol. If that is what you want, fine. But the fact that you are still seeing the MIDI ports labeled “Yamaha USB 0-1” you truly are living in the past.

In the updated version of things now, you should be seeing the Ports identified by Product Name and port number… for example, your Motif-Rack ES ports would be identified as follows:

Motif-R ES-1
Motif-R ES-2
Motif-R ES-3
Motif-R ES-4

That is how I know you have old drivers and are living in the past. It may sound like a small thing but as long as your happy - that is all that matters.

If you’d like to really update your system let us know we’d be happy to help you join us in 2009 (lol)

Yes, you should be ‘surprised’ - as I am that you could not get it working (lol). Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2009 @ 01:37 PM
FaBfotty
Joined  11-07-2007

Bad, i liked your sarcasm about “being left in the past” but funny enough i am the one to always chase new things.. and i was really happy after i installed new usb midi driver, new studio manager and multi part ed. but to be honest i didn’t realize that

MOTIF RACK ES-1 in -IN- and MOTIF RACK ES-1 in -OUT-

is actually how it supposed to be. I thought something is missing… but having u saying that, i’ll prolly will pop back to that new driver and updated SM and MPE.Bacause when i bought my Motif rack-es back in 2007, apparently you were the one who explained me how to run it ;-)

Can i ask you one question, because for two years i kept myself in doubt that it is not possible.... I’m talkin about ARPEGGIOS, is it possible to have multiple ARPEGGIOS set for multiple channels in ONE PROJECT. Let’s say i want to put arpeggios on Home Piano on CH1, then Slappy for Guitar on CH2? Cus, as far as i know, whenever you employ arpeggio, u can ONLY HAVE ONE, and that’s it? Is it right?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2009 @ 06:57 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

is it possible to have multiple ARPEGGIOS set for multiple channels in ONE PROJECT. Let’s say i want to put arpeggios on Home Piano on CH1, then Slappy for Guitar on CH2? Cus, as far as i know, whenever you employ arpeggio, u can ONLY HAVE ONE, and that’s it? Is it right?

The Motif-Rack ES has just one arpeggiator (the new Motif-Rack XS has four simultaneous arpeggiators)…

But if you are using the Motif-Rack ES you can route the arpeggio data OUT via MIDI and record the results to your sequencer tracks, then reassign the arpeggiator to the next part, and repeat. In this fashion you can get the same result -

The arpeggiator can be routed out as follows:
From MULTI mode select the PART on which you want the arpeggio active
Press EDIT]
turn the MUTE/SEL light OFF (which selects the SELECT function)
Select the PART using the PART select buttons [1/5/9/13], [2/6/10/14], [3/7/11/15], [4/8/12/16]
Cursor down to the ARP SW (Arpeggio Switch) parameter… as you can see activating it on a PART turns it OFF on the other PART… (one at a time).

But that PART’s arpeggio data can be routed out via MIDI:

Press [SHIFT] + [ARPEGGIO] to select ARP EDIT
Cursor down and set OUTPUT SW = ON
Select a MIDI channel on which to OUTPUT the arpeggio data.

Image Attachments
ArpSw.JPGArpTrnsCh.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2009 @ 07:43 AM
FaBfotty
Joined  11-07-2007

Thanx! Very helpful. Gonna try it. By the way, is there any topic dedicated to the life or death choice “Should we upgrade to Motif Rack XS”? Prons/Cons.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Rack-ES plays a different voice than selected via MIDI
Next Topic:

A Power Bank review ››