mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "AN expert editor and Windows 7"

Posted on: September 23, 2009 @ 01:20 AM
bswinner
Total Posts:  5
Joined  09-08-2009

Has anyone gotten AN Expert Editor to work with windows 7?  I bought the PLG150-AN without realizing that the software does not appear to work on Vista, or in this case, Windows 7.  Interestingly, running it in compatibility mode also does not work.  Has anyone figured out a solution or is my board rendered pretty much useless?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2009 @ 02:14 AM
bswinner
Joined  09-08-2009

Maybe this has promise…

http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2009/04/24/secret-no-more-revealing-virtual-windows-xp-for-windows-7.aspx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2009 @ 07:09 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
bswinner - 23 September 2009 01:20 AM

Has anyone gotten AN Expert Editor to work with windows 7?  I bought the PLG150-AN without realizing that the software does not appear to work on Vista, or in this case, Windows 7.  Interestingly, running it in compatibility mode also does not work.  Has anyone figured out a solution or is my board rendered pretty much useless?

As I read in some computer magazine, Win 7 will have XP compatibility mode, e.g. XP SP3 installed “behind” so you could start all XP applications normally. But, when I see it, I would beleive it. Until that, I’ll keep working on XP.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2009 @ 10:20 PM
bswinner
Joined  09-08-2009

well, I can confirm that xp mode for windows 7 does work.  I got the expert editor to load and install and can open the software.  Right now I can’t seem to get midi to work, which obviously makes the software pretty useless, but at least I now have hope…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2009 @ 01:28 AM
bswinner
Joined  09-08-2009

Well, as usual I over-complicated things.  Good news is that AN Expert Editor vs 1.2.2 works perfectly fine with Windows 7 and also shows up within studio manager.  You do not have to worry about using XP mode within either the professional or ultimate versions of Windows 7. 

All you have do to is install the editor, then right click on the shortcut to launch the editor, select properties, and choose to run in XP service pack 3 compatibility mode.  It will not run in the normal Windows 7 mode.  That is all!  Hope this helps…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2009 @ 10:41 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007
bswinner - 25 September 2009 01:28 AM

Well, as usual I over-complicated things.  Good news is that AN Expert Editor vs 1.2.2 works perfectly fine with Windows 7 and also shows up within studio manager.  You do not have to worry about using XP mode within either the professional or ultimate versions of Windows 7. 

All you have do to is install the editor, then right click on the shortcut to launch the editor, select properties, and choose to run in XP service pack 3 compatibility mode.  It will not run in the normal Windows 7 mode.  That is all!  Hope this helps…

Good information! Thanks a lot! Since I’m considering of buying a new desktop with more RAM, but I’d like to use plug-in boards in my ES, than Win 7 is the right place to work.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2009 @ 03:42 AM
BobOD
Total Posts:  8
Joined  06-09-2006

So, how did you get MIDI to work? I can also get the app to run, but there’s no MIDI connectivity in Win7 with that app.

I’m running Yamaha’s latest USB/MIDI Win7 driver with an S90 that has several PLG150 boards, including the AN, and I can’t make it work with any of the older apps.

Bob O’Donnell

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 07, 2010 @ 05:00 AM
Ricoche
Total Posts:  20
Joined  05-06-2010

Was anyone able to find the secret to getting midi to work with Windows 7?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 09, 2010 @ 05:20 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

Ricoche - 07 May 2010 05:00 AM

Was anyone able to find the secret to getting midi to work with Windows 7?

There is no secret, if you have downloaded and installed the latest USB MIDI driver from http://www.yamahasynth.com.
The latest driver has setup procedure that recognizes OS (including Win 7) so you don’t have to donwload OS specific driver. What could be a problem is mLAN that could work on Win7, but with some tricks before installations (check mlancentral.com forum, Windows section for more informations).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2016 @ 06:32 PM
javelin276
Total Posts:  31
Joined  07-30-2016

Yes, it does run!  I finally figured it out… quite by accident.
I know this is an old thread, but it deserves an answer even now.

I have XGWorks 3.0.7 running on my 64 bit machine (Windows 7) with no changes to the compatibility settings.  I also managed to find an ini file for version 3.0.5 which has support for the MU-1000/2000 tone generators.  Yamaha turned them off in version 3.0.7.  The files needed are still in the install package, but they turned off the menu selections which existed in the 3.0.5 version.  email me if you want the ini file.

XGWorks 3.0 Plugins:  An early version of the plugins will run on 64 bit Windows 7, you just have to know where to get them off the Yamaha Japan website, linked below (all one line in your browser).

http://download.yamaha.com/search/detail/?language=ja&site=jp.yamaha.com&asset_id=21294&category_id=16244&product_id=437394&1469906631;

Go to the bottom of the page and click the checkbox just above the grayed out file name ‘allplginw.zip (4.66mb)’ then click on the file name to download the file.

The file contains the following plugins for Windows XGWorks:

●AN Easy Editor V1.0.0 (Japanese menus, english captions)
●AN Expert Editor V1.0.0 (Japanese menus, english captions)
●DX Easy Editor V1.0.4
●DX Simulator V1.0.4
●PF Easy Editor V1.0.0
●SG Easy Editor V1.0.2 (Japanese everything)
●SG Lyric Editor V1.0.2 (Japanese warning, doesn’t launch)
●VH Effect Editor V1.0.5
●VL Visual Editor V1.0.9

When you run the install file, simply select the plugins you want to install into XGWorks and it does the rest.  They all seem to work on my 64 bit Win-7 machine, except for the SG-Lyric Editor which displays a warning message in Japanese.  I haven’t bothered to translate it since I don’t have that card.

The AN-editor menus and the SG-editors are in Japanese, but they run on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit version.  It’s a small price to pay to get the dang things working. 

You can also get the menu items working in Japanese characters rather than jibberish.  The plugins are non-unicode and you have to change the windows setting so it will display the Japanese characters correctly.  Once you have the Japanese characters, you can us google translate to figure out what they say.  Here’s how:

Go to Control Panel.
Click on “Clock, Language, and Region”. (If you view by Category)
Click on Region and Language. (If you view by Large Icons)
Click on the Administrative tab.
In the section for Language for non-Unicode programs, click on the Change system locale button.
Click on drop down and select Japanese.
Restart your computer for the changes to be made.
Now try your program again and the Japanese characters should be correctly displayed.

OK, there you go!

[ Ignore ]