mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Expert Editor basic questions, plg150AN"

Posted on: September 18, 2009 @ 10:22 PM
okdk
Total Posts:  83
Joined  10-17-2007

I’ve got a real basic problem that I’m sure you experts will laugh at.  Just got a plg150AN board for my Motif ES6 and downloaded the expert editor, but have no idea how to get started with the editor.  I’ve never connected the Motif to my computer before, do I need to do this in order to hear what I’m doing on the editor?  How do you get the editor to sound??  I’ve read some other posts, and articles from Bad Mister on the workings of the board itself so I’m pretty confident I can handle it once I get going on the editor.  Just can’t figure how to get started.  Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2009 @ 04:04 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Believe it or not there is an Owner’s Manual for the Editor in the form of PDF document. This covers the fundamentals of getting started.

You connect your Motif to your computer via USB.
You need to get the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver for your particular computer type. This can be obtained here: Motif Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver page
This driver also comes with instructions.

Once you have installed the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver on your computer. You set your Motif to communicate via MIDI:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5] MIDI
Press [SF4] OTHER
Set MIDI IN/OUT = USB

There are several ways to run the AN Expert Editor…
1) Stand alone
2) With Studio Manager

1) When running stand alone, you will see a “floating” MIDI SETUP that will allow you to select the Yamaha USB Driver IN and OUT (this allows your Motif to address the computer).
Then on the main tool bar of the Editor you find another Editor Setup (this allows your computer to address the Editor).

2) When running with Studio Manager v2.3.1, This host application can launch Editors and established communication between the Motif and the computer (MIDI PORTS). Then the Editor itself has its setup that allows your computer to address the Editor.

Find the AN EXPERT EDITOR MANUAL
On your computer go to START > ALL PROGRAMS > YAMAHA OPT TOOLS > AN EXPERT EDITOR > AN EXPERT EDITOR MANUAL
or
Once you launch the program go to HELP on the main tool bar > Manual

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2009 @ 10:51 PM
okdk
Joined  10-17-2007

Thanks!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2009 @ 02:05 AM
okdk
Joined  10-17-2007

Okay, so far so good, I have the Motif communicating and can edit with the editor.  When I do a bulk dump of all 128 voices it works fine, but trying to just bulk 1 voice doesn’t work.  Where is it supposed to go on the Motif?  How do you know what location it goes to?  I must be missing something.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2009 @ 10:47 AM
okdk
Joined  10-17-2007

I should add to my last post that when I do a bulk transfer with all 128 voices they all appear in the Motif with their names displayed as it’s supposed to, but when I try to just transfer 1 voice the name doesn’t appear anywhere.  Could I not be looking in the right place?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2009 @ 11:08 AM
okdk
Joined  10-17-2007

After screwing with this for a long time, I finally got it.  I was trying to use the “1 VOICE” selection to transmit 1 voice, kind of made sense to me.  But, no, you must use the USER voice button and set the range from 1 to 1, and have the voice you want to send in the 1 position.  Bingo, you get the 1 voice dumped over.  I think the guy who wrote this “manual” should be shot!!  It sucks for helping you do anything but know what the parameters are for editing, which is really the easiest part.  The set up and communication with the host part of the manual is worthless.  Like it says, it’s an expert editor, you must be an expert to figure some of the basic stuff out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2010 @ 07:19 PM
aellison62
Total Posts:  41
Joined  03-23-2009

Can someone please tell me where I can download AN expert editor??

Thanks,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2010 @ 02:45 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Here.

File Attachments
AN Expert Editor 1.2.2.zip  (File Size: 7755KB - Downloads: 809)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2010 @ 09:32 AM
aellison62
Total Posts:  41
Joined  03-23-2009

Thanks very much !!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG Editors for Logic Audio
Next Topic:

AN expert editor and Windows 7 ››