mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Converting AN bank to Voice Editor bank"

Posted on: September 12, 2009 @ 05:43 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

Once I have loaded a bank from the AN Expert editor to the ES into 036/002, the only way I found to get the voices into PLGUSER has been to store the voices one at a time so I can create a Voice Editor file. Is there a way to do this for the whole bank in one shot?

PeterS

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 12, 2009 @ 06:31 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Correction....the voices do load into both 036/002 & PLGUSER however the voice names in USER remain the same as the previous Voice Editor file I loaded. Is there a way to get the voices & names to load into USER in one step?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 17, 2009 @ 04:53 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Anyone??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2009 @ 07:20 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
PeterS - 12 September 2009 06:31 PM

Correction....the voices do load into both 036/002 & PLGUSER however the voice names in USER remain the same as the previous Voice Editor file I loaded. Is there a way to get the voices & names to load into USER in one step?

I didn’t check forum for several days, sorry. I think that when you press store button on ES, your USER voices will be altered. Before that, you could hear them from edit buffer. Also, if you have some PLGUSER voices based on changed board voices, you should at first load board voices via Plugin All Bulk (during ES power up). Othervise, you will heard previosly stored plugin user voices.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2009 @ 05:40 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Thanks Alex, but I was wondering if there is a way to get the first 64 voices in o36/002 over to the PLGUSER bank in one shot. I would then be able to store the parameters available in the User bank. Right now it seems I can only transfer the voices one at a time which gives me the correct board voice with the correct name.

PeterS

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2009 @ 04:50 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Right now it seems I can only transfer the voices one at a time which gives me the correct board voice with the correct name.

Yes, one at a time. Building PLG_USR Voice is the same as building a Motif/Motif ES (host) product Voice.

We call this a PLUG-IN VOICE, the 036/002 and all the banks that are on the PLG150-AN are called BOARD VOICES.

The PLG_USR or Plug-in Voice is one that has been integrated with the host products controller routing and effects, etc., etc. So it now has host parameters

To make a PLUG-IN VOICE you must store them one at time. It is exactly the same as building a USER Voice in the Motif, Motif ES, but instead of pointing to a ROM or RAM sample, you are pointing to a the entire PLG150-AN Board Voice as the Element.

So just as there would be no way to take the first 64 ROM samples and create 64 USER 1 Voices, there is going to be no way to take the first 64 BOARD VOICES and create 64 PLG_USR Voices. Hope the analogy makes sense.

Even if there were you would want to program/tweak them each differently… Different Effects, different controllers, etc.,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2009 @ 01:34 AM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

That is what I thought. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG150-AN board available.
Next Topic:

PLG Editors for Logic Audio ››