mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha usb drive Installation: Error 25001. no device connected. Driver spec: 3.0.3"

Posted on: September 09, 2009 @ 02:09 AM
Dprincewillz
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-08-2009

Yamaha usb drive Installation: Error 25001. no device connected
Driver spec: 3.0.3

Hi every body,

I own XS 6 and have been using it on my Mac G5 for a while now, and it worked very well. I recently decided to use the motif on my Imac running Vista 32-bit via bootcamp.

In the process of trying to install the usb drive i get an error message ‘’ error 25001. no device connected. please reconnect the usb cable and try reinstalling, did that but no luck

I have tried other usb cables, no luck,

Treid installation on my laptop XP SP2, same error message.

Went back to the installation mannual. open up add hardware,
did that and came out with Yamaha usb composit. on my controle pannel from Classic view,i see a yamaha usb Logo like the one i have on my Mac but can not recognise the USb connection.

after all this i Still get the same erro message.

the reason why am trying to install the motif is that i need it for midi data communication with my DAW.

other things i did was to download Dual core hotfix, disable Wireless connection, during the installation process only my mouse, my keyboard and the motive usb cables were connected.

Please am stock and really need help.

Thank you.

Image Attachments
error fil.JPGerro file 2.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2009 @ 08:22 AM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

Check out this thread and see if it helps?

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2009 @ 10:13 AM
HappyHarryNET
Total Posts:  488
Joined  12-10-2006
Dprincewillz - 09 September 2009 02:09 AM

Yamaha usb drive Installation: Error 25001. no device connected
Driver spec: 3.0.3

Prince! ^5

did you get your USB error ironed out? did you try Bad_Mister’s solution? have you set up your MIDI in your Mac Sound Manager?

i am new to MacOSX and am currently hovering on 10.5.8 due to 10.6_SnowLeopard, but setting up the MIDI in Sound Manager was pretty easy i thought. [hoping your version OS has Sound Manager]

get back to me here or Facebook

HHNET

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2009 @ 10:55 AM
Dprincewillz
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-08-2009

No Luck Harry,

this thing is really annoying. I Have a Korg, with the CD that came with it. all i had to do was insert the disc and click install drive on my Mac and Windows that was it. the only CD that came with my motif was just the Steinberg CUBASE AI4 cd and i had to start looking on the web for the driver. I have been a Yamaha fan from AGe 13. I am really diappointed. I dont want to start reinstalling windows on my bootcamp cos of the time and to avoid messing up all what have been installed.

R
I have tried your quote ‘’the Via ‘Start/Run’, the registry editor can be started by typing in ‘Regedit’. The relevant entries are in the path ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32’ (left part of the window). In the right pane you will see the installed MIDI device driver entries (scroll down)’’.

It might sound wierd that there was no Yamaha driver entry on Driver32 but on the Driver.desc.

Am i doing something wrong? If so why was I able to install the driver for the same equipment on my Mac without a similar problem.

Can Somebody Please assist me on this one,

Many thanks..

Dprincewill

Image Attachments
screan snap 2 001.jpgscrean snap 2 002.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2009 @ 04:38 PM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

Hey - Dprincewillz

Quick Tip: -

Press the PrintScreen key on your keyboard to copy an image of the screen to the clipboard.

You can then paste it into Microsoft Paint (START MENU => RUN =>type MSPAINT => press ENTER)
Save the file as a JPG and post that as your attachment.

Far easier and better than using your camera

Also - press Alt+PrintScreen to take a screenshot of only the foremost window.

B

For example.....

Image Attachments
qag1.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2010 @ 09:48 PM
jcg
Total Posts:  1
Joined  12-15-2009

Had the same problem. It happened to be my usb printer that was causing the problem - in the installation manual they say to disconnect every usb device except keyboard and mouse, but I didn’t believe it was really necessary at first. After disconnecting my printer and reboot, installation was ok. But I have to disconnect my printer every time I want to use the yamaha driver… (never had this kind of behaviour with any other usb device!).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 16, 2011 @ 02:39 PM
Richard Bryan
Total Posts:  6
Joined  08-18-2009

I have a new MOX8 and a brand new Toshiba laptop out of the box and I’m getting the same error message. Error 25001 no device connected. I’ve gone into the registry and there are no duplicates. I’m really frustrated, can’t use Cubase. Help!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 16, 2011 @ 03:44 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I have a new MOX8 and a brand new Toshiba laptop out of the box and I’m getting the same error message. Error 25001 no device connected. I’ve gone into the registry and there are no duplicates. I’m really frustrated, can’t use Cubase. Help!!

You included your post on the end of a thread that is a year and a half old… and for another product completely…

But never mind that, you did not tell us if you have downloaded and installed any drivers (and which driver version). For help with any computer related issue we need to know about the computer, its OS, and what you have attempted to install.

Are you connected via USB? No mention
Is your MOX set to MIDI IN/OUT = USB? Again no mention

We know you think that is obvious, but most often the problem is solved by simply checking off the obvious items.

In the future please post MOX8 questions in the MOX forum heading… Not here in the Motif XS forum.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2011 @ 12:48 PM
Richard Bryan
Joined  08-18-2009

Sorry for getting on the wrong thread but i’m new to this and I also have a Motif XS8 and i would like to use the cubase software with it as well.
To answer your questions;

-The laptop is a Toshiba with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
-I’m connected with the usb to host cable that came with the
keyboard
-MOX midi in/out is set to USB
-I downloaded the driver off of Yamahas website V3.0.4 64bit

I turn on the computer first and then the keyboard with usb to host connected. I double click the setup file for the driver and it decompresses and just as it would start to install the dialogue box appears with the message ‘error 25001 - no device connected’. But I can open devices and see the mox8 there with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark in the triangle. Go to properties and it says no driver installed. I tried to let Windows auto install and windows couldn’t find a driver. I tried manually but you can’t get into the setup file to see the driver.I checked the registry for duplicate midi file i.e. midi, midi1-midi9 and ther is only one. Hope this is enough info.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2011 @ 01:41 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

My experience with Windows is it’s best to always power up the Motif before booting the computer.

Always plug into the same USB jack on your computer, Windows thinks it’s a different/new device otherwise.

Good luck.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2011 @ 01:51 PM
Richard Bryan
Joined  08-18-2009

I’ll try that when I go home for lunch. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2013 @ 05:14 PM
BartCarfizzi
Total Posts:  29
Joined  07-30-2012

The easiest work around for this issue is to get this driver…
I had to reinstall my OS, win 7. and had this error…

http://download.yamaha.com/search/detail/?site=usa.yamaha.com&language=en&category_id1=16277&category_id2=16381&product_id=1464170&asset_file_language=EN&asset_id=57113

[ Ignore ]