mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Assigning Global CC’s on Motif ES Rack"

Posted on: September 06, 2009 @ 03:43 PM
rack5555
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-06-2009

Here’s the situation:

I have a Novation Remote Zero and I’m trying to control parameters on the ES rack across all multis/voices.  I’ve been digging through the manual/data list and sweeping through the cc’s and can’t figure out how to do this. 

I want to have the controls of the Novation setup up to control ADSR and other settings on whatever midi channel is being sent to the rack.  I have an MPC that’ll filter the midi channels in a multi.  Is this possible to assign these fixed cc’s across all voices?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2009 @ 10:06 PM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

In General, you can do what you’re describing…

With respect to ADSR changes, are you wanting something different than what’s described on Page 94 of the owner’s manual:  ?

Attack= CC 73
Decay = CC 75
Sustain (N/A)
Release = CC 72

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2009 @ 10:42 PM
rack5555
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-06-2009

I’m trying to do that, but for example when I use a slider set to cc73, i’m getting some weird filter type of setting.  Is there more to this?

I’m in multi mode and I factory reset the unit earlier today.  Thanks for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2009 @ 10:26 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

cc073 ATTACK will adjust via an OFFSET the attack portion of the amplitude envelope of the sound.

Assuming your sequencer or knob sends values from 0 ~ 127. A value of 64 is considered the middle.

A setting of 64 will have no effect on the beginning of the Voice. A setting of 74 will cause a slower attack and as you increase the value the slower and slower the attack will be… that is, the longer it will take the sound to rise in volume.

cc messages are Channel messages. So a CC message on MIDI CHANNEL 1 will not affect the data on any other MIDI channel.

Values less than 64 will adjust the attack portion… so if the Voice initially had a very slow attack you can speed it up by lowering the value below 64. Again 64 is normal attack

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Won’t Get Fooled Again
Next Topic:

Chill experience sound library ››