mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "LOGIC 9"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: September 05, 2009 @ 09:47 AM
wreckhouseproducer
Total Posts:  54
Joined  02-17-2008

HELLO ALL IM NEW TO LOGIC JUST BROUGHT LOGIC 9 ABOUT TWO DAYS AGO. I;VE HAD MY MOTIF FOR SOMETIME NOW, AND NOW WITH THIS SETUP I WANT TO USE MY MOTIF WAS A MIDI CONTROLLER, HOW DO I DO THAT? I HEARING YOU CAN DO IT THREW USB, BUT I;VE TRIED AND IT HASNT WORKED, IT THERE SOME SETTTING I NEED TO CHANGE IN LOGIC OR THE MOTIF TO GET THIS TO WORK? THANKS

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2009 @ 10:41 AM
magcinate
Total Posts:  53
Joined  06-27-2009

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2009 @ 10:41 AM
magcinate
Total Posts:  53
Joined  06-27-2009

Hi

Go to your midi device setup and make sure your motif is set up there .. then in logic just select external midi device and your motif will show up on the list.... 

P.S the Midi device setup is in your applications folder / Utilities .... Not in Logic itself

cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2009 @ 12:10 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Allow me to amplify magcinate’s answer. This really depends on what you want to do. You are not very specific on which Motif you have, ( it’s not listed in your profile) or on whether you are wanting to record and hear Logic’s software instuments, the Motif, some other external synth or all of the above.

The answer also rests on whether you have installed the Yamaha USB MIDI driver, have mLAN or want to just use a MIDI Interface…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2009 @ 03:50 PM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

Could be the Caps Lock causing the problem :))_

B

Just an aside but if you had Logic open while typing in ‘Caps’, you would have generated a melody.

I would like to hear it as I think Herr Schoenberg’s system is about to be challenged!

Thinking about, if this works you could become a ‘serial’ killer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2009 @ 01:11 AM
wreckhouseproducer
Joined  02-17-2008

well first let me start by thanking the ones who helped me glady appreciated. 2cd to those that took offense to the caps dont because i meant no harm by it 3rd to those that were trying to be funny/slick thank you too....its all motivation

but most importantly thanks to those that helped!!!!

1 love

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2009 @ 01:24 AM
wreckhouseproducer
Joined  02-17-2008

to motif8mine, sorry about that but i the xs8 and i want to record and hear the sounds from as many places as possible, the motif, logic, and my openlabs miko and yes i have downloaded the usb driver

p/s what is mLAN and what do you mean when you say if i just want to just use a MIDI Interface…?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2009 @ 01:57 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

wreckhouseproducer,
If you have an XS8, you have mLAN, (an Audio / MIDI Interface), installed already… Basically, it communicates 16 channels of audio into Logic, I believe six channels of audio out and four ports of MIDI (1 for the XS tone generator, 1 port of MIDI through to external synths, 1 for remote control of Logic or other DAW’s, 1 for the XS editor)

If you do a search in this forum, you will see an XS8 / Logic tutorial that I wrote. But, be advised, you will need to install the an mLAN driver and the current driver available for download is a Yamaha Steinberg Firewire Driver (YSFW), and that driver functions a little differently than the AI driver which I utilized when I wrote the tutorial. Anyway, go through it and write back if you have any problems…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2009 @ 02:47 AM
wreckhouseproducer
Joined  02-17-2008

you will need to install the an mLAN driver and the current driver ......that sentence was a bit confusing to me idk if that was a typo or what, but im going to go threw ur tutorial now and see if i can fix this on my own and if not hopefully you’ll still be around, but thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2009 @ 08:18 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

I’m not quite sure why it is confusing but let’s try again. The Motif series are all equipped with USB Ports. But, in order for them to work with your computer, you must install the Yamaha-USB Driver. Additionally, you must set the XS to operate via USB Mode…

THe XS8 is also equipped with mLAN Ports. But, in order for it to work with your computer, you must install this Yamaha Steinberg Firewire Driver. Additionally, you must set the XS to operate via mLAN Mode…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2009 @ 09:00 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004
wreckhouseproducer - 06 September 2009 02:47 AM

you will need to install the an mLAN driver and the current driver ......that sentence was a bit confusing to me idk if that was a typo or what, but im going to go threw ur tutorial now and see if i can fix this on my own and if not hopefully you’ll still be around, but thanks

Oh, now I see… you needed to read the entire sentence...

and the current driver available for download is a Yamaha Steinberg Firewire Driver (YSFW)

There used to be an AI Driver avilable online for download…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2009 @ 10:51 PM
wreckhouseproducer
Joined  02-17-2008

well i downloaded the ysfw from the link you posted and i also changed the settings on my xs to mlan but still no sound from the motif itself....could there be anything else i may be doing wrong? need to download or setting that need to be changed?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2009 @ 01:04 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Did you follow the tutorial? Also, along with the installation of the YSFW Driver, it is necessary to update the IEEE1394 Driver, (LINK TO THAT UPDATE). Please see the Following Post Regarding That Firmware Update.

Also, the XS acts as your audio card. So, you will monitor the output of Logic via the AMP or powered monitors that are connected to the XS…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2009 @ 02:13 AM
wreckhouseproducer
Joined  02-17-2008

yes i have followed the manuals to the point ive downloaded so many driver i dont even know whats what anymore,

i didnt know what you meant by “Also, the XS acts as your audio card. So, you will monitor the output of Logic via the AMP or powered monitors that are connected to the XS…” or when that come into play at, but basically im trying to use my motif as a midi keyboard as well as be able to needed to use it own sounds and sequence with logic, and for some reason its not working do i need midi cables? or the firewire alone is good enough with mlan?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2009 @ 02:25 AM
wreckhouseproducer
Joined  02-17-2008

i have noticed while one again going threw the manual and comparing how it supposed to look to my screen i can see that when i got to AMS and under my system settings where is says default in/out there is o option on mine for a mlan network nor in the category for proprities for nor the audio out box, mine says"outout is not supported...any reason for this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2009 @ 03:23 AM
wreckhouseproducer
Joined  02-17-2008

i read somewhere in one of the manuals where it said i may need to delete old drivers i wonder if thats whats stopping me from getting this to work

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Snow Leopard
Next Topic:

MIDI regions whited / greyed out ››