mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Snow Leopard"

Posted on: September 03, 2009 @ 10:14 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

Just for the info, in case it’s of any help to anyone.

I installed Snow Leopard on my Mac Pro as an upgrade from 10.5.8. I already had Logic Pro 9 and 2caudio Aether installed, but no other plugins. I have an Apogee Duet attached also.

The upgrade went fine, - I had a couple of ‘wtf’ moments as it reboots a couple of times without warning, but just left it alone and it did its thing. One thing to realise is that during the install the monitor goes to sleep, which initially phased me (I thought it was rebooting again) but wiggling the mouse fixed it.

You may want to disable your network card/wireless interface before the upgrade, as part way through the installation process I got an Apple Update notification that updates were available(!) ... I ignored it, but it was a bit of distraction.

After the install completed, I updated the Apogee drivers (available from http://www.apogeedigital.com) and ran Logic Pro. It re-scanned all the factory plugins (took a few seconds) and came up fine. I had to re-enter my Aether licence key to re-authorize it, but after this everything is running smoothly.

After 5 minutes of use, the only thing I’ve noticed is that menumeters don’t load any more (was just a freeware piece of software anyway and there’s probably an update I haven’t checked for yet). The system feels much the same in use, (it was pretty fast anyway) but I’ve gained about 6.5Gb of disk space and applications definitely load quicker than they did before.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2009 @ 05:55 PM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

Ah -

Fortune favours the brave.

Anyway - good to see it works - so after 5 mins - you had no major problems.

Any update on this or have you ’gone down the pub‘ to drown your sorrows?

Regards,

B

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2009 @ 09:39 AM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

Yep, headed down the pub :-)

Err, well everything is working fine still, no problems at all. All in all, I’m most happy with the upgrade. System is definitely a little more responsive and programs load faster than before.

I would have been a little more reticent to go charging off with the upgrade had I had a few more 3rd party plugins, but from a system point of view it seems absolutely solid.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2009 @ 03:47 PM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

Good news - thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2009 @ 10:44 PM
mcmusic
Total Posts:  18
Joined  07-12-2006

Snow Leopard is running on my Mac now.  No major issues, but I will say it seems a sluggish compared to before - the spinning beach ball comes up regularly now when opening programs.  If anything, it is slower for me.

There is a bug which I reported through Apples feedback.  When using the Apple Remote to change tracks in Logic Pro 8.0.2 it now changes the Mac’s overall volume at the same time.  Pressing the menu button to record will at the same time start recording AND open Front Row - obviously not Apple’s intent here. (Not sure if it’s a Snow Leopard update or another update that did this, but noticed recently.)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ still need a little help
Next Topic:

LOGIC 9 ››