mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Multi Mode in Motif Rack"

Posted on: August 31, 2009 @ 02:23 AM
vladzilla3000xl
Total Posts:  2
Joined  08-31-2009

Hello, I am fairly new with the motif rack, My problem is when I go into multi mode and press the multi button to edit parts, I always heare the piano patch. I select a bass for part 1, violin for part 2 and some brass in part 3, I have not selected a piano, however i still hear the piano patch being played along with the others. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2009 @ 11:14 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Do you have a PLG150 board plugged into the Motif Rack unit? If so, you should note that by default, the PLG boards are layered with the internal AWM2 tone generator.

Let us know.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2009 @ 04:26 PM
vladzilla3000xl
Total Posts:  2
Joined  08-31-2009

Yes I do have a PLG board installed in the rack, is there a way to disable or mute it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2009 @ 05:56 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Yes.

Normally, internal Voices occupy the 16 available Parts of a MULTI MIX. When you place a board in a plug-in slot it is assigned to the MIDI channel corresponding to its slot number: PLG1 = channel 1, PLG2 = channel 2.

You have two choices if you do not wish to layer the PLG board with the internal tone generator.

First, you could disable the PLG board in this MULTI-MIX.

On the MOTIF-RACK

• Press [MULTI] to enter the Multi-timbral mode.

• Initialize the current MULTI in UTILITY/ JOB SEL (Job Select)/ Initialize/ [Shift] + [Enter] x3 to execute. This creates an INIT MULTI.

• Press [MULTI] again to view the multiple PARTS of the MIX:

• Navigate to the Plug-in Parts by pressing the [MUTE/SEL] button, turning OFF its LED. With the LED OFF this button will use the ‘Select’ function.

• Press the first PART button )[1/5/9/13] until it toggles to Part P1 (Plug-in slot 1).

• To see the MIDI Channel assignment for each Part, press EDIT/ Use the PAGE [<] (left) button to select the VOICE screen/ Cursor down to MIDI Receive Channel. (See the attached image.)

• To turn off the PLG board set its MIDI Receive Channel to Off.

Alternately, you could turn off the internal tone generator part using the same procedure described above, except you would press the first PART button ([1/5/9/13]) to display internal parts 1-4 and then set the Receive Channel (RcvCh) for part 1 of the internal tone generator to “off”.

Regards,

Brad Weber

Image Attachments
Image2.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Piano sounds for Motif Rack
Next Topic:

a bit help to a simple question ››