mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Best Piano Voice Library?"

Posted on: August 28, 2009 @ 03:26 AM
play4god
Total Posts:  40
Joined  08-20-2009

I asked this in reply to another topic I posted, but thought I would ask generally…

If you were to choose between K-Sounds Piano 1/2 and Digital Sound Factory’s Steinway, which would you say is better?

... or are there others you would recommend?

Thanks!
play4god

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2009 @ 07:50 PM
eagle007
Total Posts:  15
Joined  07-04-2009

I have all three and just love the K-Sounds 1 Steinway D piano. I have tried the DSF Steinway L a few times, but it’s just not my sound. Not that there’s anything wrong with the library, don’t get me wrong. The K-Sounds 1 is my favorite.

You can’t go wrong with either 3 of them, but if I would have to choose just 1 of these 3, it will be the K-Sounds 1 Steinway D.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2009 @ 11:10 PM
play4god
Joined  08-20-2009

Thank you.  I was looking and there was something for the ES that had both a Steinway, and a Yamaha C7.
I have a Yamaha C3 in the studio.  I think I may prefer the Yamaha C7 sound, actually -
is there something that would give me this for the XS?
Thanks!
play4god

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2009 @ 07:21 AM
eagle007
Joined  07-04-2009

The ‘Virtual Pianos Collection’ from DCP is based on Yamaha S6 and C7 samples. From what I’ve read (I’m still thinking about buying this one) the C7 samples are quite roomy though. The S6 samples are dry.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2009 @ 01:17 AM
play4god
Joined  08-20-2009

Thanks, eagle007.

I do have a real Yamaha C3 - I suppose I should try to sample that. :)

Do any of the sound vendors have a downloadable ‘playable’ sample of their product, but maybe limited in note coverage, for example, on the keyboard…

I’d really like to determine the ‘playability’ of the various products before buying one.  Experience has shown that what sounds good in an mp3 file may not ‘play well’.

This is also very important to me right now because I am evaluating a Motif XS, and documenting my findings in audio so I can listen to it back.  This one question of getting a good piano sound will be the deciding factor on if I purchase the motif, but I don’t want to buy a bunch of Motif sound samples that aren’t good enough only to find that I return the Motif.

Also, (related to another thread here), I don’t want a ‘pirated’ copy of the samples either. :)

NOW - if the sample authors wanted to donate an eval copy, I would record an objective audio review of them. ;) hint hint.  Half kidding here, of course, because that likelihood if that is very low, I’m sure. :)

If you know if a ‘sample eval pack’ is available from any of the vendors, let me know, k?

Thanks - this is a great forum here.
play4god

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2009 @ 07:46 AM
eagle007
Joined  07-04-2009
play4god - 30 August 2009 01:17 AM

Thanks, eagle007.
Do any of the sound vendors have a downloadable ‘playable’ sample of their product, but maybe limited in note coverage, for example, on the keyboard…

There are actually some demo sets here in Motifator: http://www.motifator.com/index.php/main/comments/xspand_your_world_content_updated_with_new_free_downloads/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2009 @ 11:07 AM
play4god
Joined  08-20-2009

Ok… Thanks, eagle… I’ll check these out later (not at home right now)…
Do these contain samples of the K-sounds and Digital Sound Factory stuff?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2009 @ 01:03 PM
_Tone
Total Posts:  167
Joined  12-26-2004

K sounds and Synthogy Ivory

[ Ignore ]