mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Connecting Yamaha motif es6 to Logic Pro 8"

Posted on: August 27, 2009 @ 08:22 AM
toomuchskill
Total Posts:  5
Joined  08-26-2009

Help please!

I have a yamaha motif es6 keyboard with a M-Audio FireWire 410. I am trying to connect my motif es6 to logic pro 8 so that when I play my keyboard it can be recorded into logic studio.

Any help on how to get these two to work together?!

Regards
Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2009 @ 01:06 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Plug the output of the ES6 into the Firewire 410. When connected to the MAC and turned on, Logic should prompt you to select it as your Core Audio Device. (Assuming the driver is properly installed, of course).

You should then be able to ‘hear’ audio of the ES from within Logic. You will need to create Audio Tracks in order to record the audio.

The MIDI setup is covered here: LINK TO LOGIC / USB-MIDI DRIVER SETUP INSTRUCTIONS

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2009 @ 03:15 PM
toomuchskill
Total Posts:  5
Joined  08-26-2009

Hi thanks for the reply but i am still having problem getting my motif es6 to work with logic.

Here is the lists of gears I have:

* Macbook
* M-Audio firewire 410
* USB Midisport 2x2

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2009 @ 11:19 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

It would be helpful to describe what problem you are having but, the only thing I left out, I believe is the following:

If you haven’t download and install the Yamaha-USB MIDI Driver. After it is installed, plug the USB cable from your ES to the MAC and set the ES to operate via USB. The MIDI sport is not needed and will not allow you to use the Studio Manager / ES Editor if you so desire to do so. Again, plug the stereo output of the ES into the Firewire 410, (you should have already installed that driver also)

Then, follow the insructions of that link above and describe, in detail, where you are still having problems…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ OS X, mLan & Logic - do they work well together?
Next Topic:

Midi recording in Logic Pro 8 ››