mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can’t bounce audio from my Motif Rack ES"

Posted on: August 22, 2009 @ 02:41 PM
Mo Teef
Total Posts:  18
Joined  01-01-2004

This is driving me nuts.  I have a tune going nicely - some internal instruments in Logic (8), some audio loops and currently just one track (bass) from my MRES, but when I bounce audio the MRES is not present - not a whisper. If I solo the bass coming from the MRES it shows as you would expect on the output level meters audio1-2 in Logic - but if I bounce it I get nothing.

My connectivity is as follows:
I’m coming out of the MRES optical SPDIF into a Fireface 800 and I have a good lock.
In Logic I have a multi instrument for the MRES defined and I have it coming in to an external midi track.
Below that I have an internal instrument track, on which the instrument ‘external instrument’ is loaded and connected - so that I can use the Logic effects in real time.

All this works well - right up until the point where I try to get a bounce - which just gives me a hole where the MRES should be!

It’s probably something really simple, but I can’t understand how I can see the audio from the solo’d bass hitting the output level meters in Logic - but get nothing if I bounce it…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2009 @ 04:20 PM
Mo Teef
Total Posts:  18
Joined  01-01-2004

Duuuh - I said it was probably something really simple - and it was.

Thanks to trawling these forums for something that might be relevant I found this http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3330 on using the ‘external instrument’.

Near the end it states “You can also include sounds from External Instruments when you bounce your mix, but keep this in mind: you must perform your bounce in “Realtime,” not “Offline,” for this to happen. Logic cannot process the audio from an external device offline.”

Changing the bounce to real time fixed it.

Makes sense when you think about it. The software instruments are basically just digital files that can be processed as fast as Logic can handle - but the motif can only play the sounds in real time, triggered by the incoming midi sequence.

Obvious if you think about it - but if you don’t know it you probably won’t think of it!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2009 @ 12:56 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Exactly, glad you found it…

[ Ignore ]