mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New User modify multi without Cubase"

Posted on: August 01, 2009 @ 02:08 PM
empmark
Total Posts:  1
Joined  08-01-2009

Hi all.  Brand new user so please forgive this basic question.  I’ve read all of the posts that seem relevant and am just missing it I think (it’s me, not you...).

I will eventually use my new rack with Sonar, but initially I want to edit a couple of multis to have a piano and string layered and also split it so the string voice is only on half the keyboard (yamha kx8 controller) for a live performance.

I downloaded and installed the usb driver (3.0.3-2) and studio manager (2.3.1).  Using Vista 64 bit but can use a different machine with XP if that is recommended.  Device manager sees the device ok.  When I start studio manager I do not see my rack.  I have no doubt I am doing something silly here, so I appreciate the guidance.  Some of the manuals and faqs allude to the fact that I may need to be using a DAW as I edit.  I was hoping I could just make changes on the fly and store them outside of a recording environment.  Bad_Mister had linked to a couple of faqs on this post http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/444116/
about setup as vst vs studio manager, but I’m still not getting it.  Basically, can I use a usb connection to change and store these kinds of things without any DAW software?

Thanks in advance for the help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2009 @ 06:32 PM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Yeah, you don’t have to have a DAW to use Studio Manager / MULTI editor.

Not sure if Vista64 is what’s causing your issues or not.

But incidentally, I don’t know if you can use the MULTI editor to do layers and splits; that’s usually done inside the context of a PERFORMANCE instead of a MULTI.

[ Ignore ]