mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "A/D and Output"

Posted on: July 26, 2009 @ 07:27 PM
hdreamer
Total Posts:  221
Joined  12-30-2007

OK, I recorded from microphone to Motif - audio file. I have Tascam US-144. From there are going MIDI and AUDIO. I have Mic in L and Mic in R. If I want to record to Motif, I have to put that on the other side to Motif A/D. When the cables are connected that way, I can not hear when I play or hear what I have recorded. I need to unplug cables and plug them to output.
Of, course, this is very unpleasing because I need to plug and unplug. I can hear that with headphones, but that’s no it.
What do I need to do so I will be able to hear at the same time in and out?
thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2009 @ 11:33 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Your question is really about the Tascam US-144… you want to know how you can monitor audio output and send signal to the Motif at the same time.

I have no experience with the Tascam US-144 - does it not have any auxiliary or line output?

I assume it is your audio interface so therefore, the main output of the Tascam must be connected to your speakers (not to the Motif).

If you want to record a microphone that is first plugged into the US-144 then you need to have an auxiliary output that you can feed to the Motif.

Sorry, perhaps you can contact Tascam or maybe someone has experience using that device. But it seems likely it should have some kind of output (LINE OUT, perhaps) other than the one for you speaker/headphone that can be connected to the Motif as a LINE input.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2009 @ 09:04 AM
hdreamer
Total Posts:  221
Joined  12-30-2007

Yes, BM, you are right, now I see that the “problem” comes from audio interface.

On one side there is:

LINE OUT (this goes to speakers)
MIDI IN
MIDI OUT
DIGITAL IN and OUT (can I do something with this with Motif?)
USB (that goes to my computer)

On the other side there is:

MIC IN L (I have no connection here)
LINE IN L (This is for Audio)
PHONES
LINE/GUITAR IN R (audio R)
MIC IN R (here I have microphone)

For now, I see that there is no way to monitor audio output and send signal at the same time.
The only way is to plug headphones to motif and then be able to listen what I have recorded on Motif OR get a better interface!

If I am wrong PLEASE correct me, if I have said everything correct then you don’t have to reply.

Thanks again

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PerkaVox on full keyboard
Next Topic:

Playing recorded vocals in Motif ››