mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading MIDI file into a song"

Posted on: July 24, 2009 @ 10:19 AM
litzinger
Total Posts:  5
Joined  01-05-2009

As a new Motif XS-6, I’ve been able to successfully load my first MIDI file (as a song).  The only problem is the Voice Assignment didn’t appear to come though.  The tracks are there, but the Motif seems to be assigning different voices to each track.  I am pretty sure the GM voices are part of the MIDI file because it sounds correct if I play through Windows Media Player.  Is there some setting on the Motif to tell it to use the Voice assignments in the MIDI file?  Thanks much!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2009 @ 10:53 AM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

Using event edit mode, check for program change messages at the start of each track. From Song mode, select track 1, and press [Edit]. In the event list you should see, at the start of the track, a program change message and possibly other MIDI information before the first note.

Just delete the program changes for each track (you can select other tracks from within event edit mode simply by pressing the track select buttons 1-16) and you should find that the song retains all the voices you assign to it from then on.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 24, 2009 @ 12:53 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

For more about GM Files and how they (should be) formatted by the original author… please see this entry from the SUPPORT area of this site:

A Short Tutorial on Creating Proper GM Files

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS8 - S90ES Actions Identical?
Next Topic:

Motif XS7 + AW1600 do I need the 16mLANe2? ››