mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help: Why won’t sustain pedal work?"

Posted on: July 20, 2009 @ 03:07 AM
garymf
Total Posts:  71
Joined  04-16-2006

I plug my sustain pedal from my Yamaha P90 into the sustain input on my Motif Classic 6 hoping to use it with Acoustic or Electric pianos but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

I keep looking for somewhere in the patch to “turn on” sustain but I cant’ find it.

Help?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2009 @ 05:47 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

The motif classic is quite fussy about its sustain pedals!!

You need to use an FC4 or an FC5 pedal. I don’t think an FC3 will work and its just possible the P90 was supplied with an FC3 which allows for half damper.(I don’t know this for a fact - I’m guessing.) An FC3 has a stereo jack (TRS, tip, ring sleeve type of jack) whereas the FC4/5 has a mono jack (TS, Tip and sleeve).

If you are plugging in an FC4 (which still works in the P90!!)and getting no joy then I am not sure what is happening though you could look in some of the utility settings to see where the footswitches can be assigned and see if something is wrong there.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2009 @ 09:52 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Wellie is spot on it…
The FC3 will not work sustain for the Motif.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2009 @ 04:36 PM
garymf
Joined  04-16-2006

well that explains it!  i thought i was being stupid ;)

ughh i guess i need to buy a new sustain pedal :)
thanks.

btw i haven’t been here in a long time..... what happened ot all the Behind The Manual stuff? I can’t find it anymore.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2009 @ 10:49 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

That is now called SUPPORT (link at the top of the page)…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2009 @ 11:34 PM
garymf
Joined  04-16-2006
Bad_Mister - 21 July 2009 10:49 PM

That is now called SUPPORT (link at the top of the page)…

it’s seems extremely counter intuitive. i’m searching and searching for theold “Behind the manual” where it was really clear..... “start here” then read this etc.

these are just endless posts.  sorry to complain. dont’ know why y’all changed it.

I have another post on here about how to get Midi files to play properly and it’s so confusing.  i never really used my Motif as a sequencer and now Im trying and it’s really confusing. and i’m really good at figuring stuff out like this usually.

Maybe I will buy that DVD if it’s still available.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Here is a question for the Motif Classic
Next Topic:

Plug in boards ››