mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG100-VH question for robot-like effect?"

Posted on: July 17, 2009 @ 03:53 AM
quicksilverXP
Total Posts:  5
Joined  06-24-2009

I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this board for using it primarily as a robot-like effect… similar to what you can achieve with a MicroKorg.  My goal is to replace my MicroKorg with this card as I use it for vocoding robot-like harmonies.  All the demos I’ve heard are either of providing depth to an unprocessed lead voice… or making chordal harmonies.  I have yet to hear any robot-like demos.

My goal is to achieve something like this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVze-77pbp8

I can do it easily with a MicroKorg (did it best with a Radias… but I sold the Radias because I didn’t like it).

Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 17, 2009 @ 10:16 AM
msr
Total Posts:  250
Joined  03-31-2006

I have a PLG 100VH board but never actually did this, so I’m just kind of thinking out loud.  I’m not sure if you actually have a board or are just asking the question, but if you do have one, did you try playing around with the Vocorder setting and perhaps detuning by an octave or so (using the Mode parameter)?  You could also play with the gender parameter.  I’m not sitting in front of my keyboard right now so I’m going on memory.  You might be able to achieve something “robot like” that way.

msr

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ VH Board
Next Topic:

How can I get the latest version of the plgDX plug-in editor? ››