mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "how do you change the voice assigned to a track in a song?"

Posted on: July 07, 2009 @ 10:54 PM
psyncho
Total Posts:  20
Joined  05-30-2005

I know this is probably simple but I can’t find it in the manual or in a search on the forum and I can’t figure it out poking around the motif interface.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 08, 2009 @ 07:22 AM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

Page 102 of the manual tells you how to do this:

Press [Song] or [Pattern]
Press [Mixing]
Press [Edit]
Select a part
Press [F1] voice, followed by [SF1] voice.

Alternatively you can do the following from [Song] or [Pattern] mode:

Press [Mixing]
Press [F2] - Voice
Press [Category Search]

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 08, 2009 @ 12:39 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

If you have already Saved a Voice to a Pattern or Song Mix and you want to change that Voice, for it to “stay” changed, you may have to Turn OFF the Phrase Voice.
From Pattern
Press TRACK [F3]
TRVCE [SF3} and turn the PHRASE VOICE OFF
Just a thought....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 08, 2009 @ 07:38 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
porcelain - 07 July 2009 10:54 PM

I know this is probably simple but I can’t find it in the manual or in a search on the forum and I can’t figure it out poking around the motif interface.

If you want to stay at the same track while changing voices in a song, you should use Program Change MIDI command. At the time instant when you want to change the voice insert Program Change and give the number that correspond to the voice you wish (see Data List for that information).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2009 @ 08:08 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

When a voice has been recorded already in a song or pattern there is a hidden header that does not show up on the track (the voice is embedded in the track). You simply choose your track...hit the RECORD button only (while the sequencer is not running)(the rcord light will light up)...then hit F2 (Voice). Choose your new voice and then hit the sequencer STOP button. This erases the original voice and replaces it with the new voice.

The problem with Program Change in the previous post is that the original voice is still embedded in the track. This often can cause a hiccup in timing, especially when it is at the beginning of a song. The track is now making 2 voice changes and sometimes the sequencer can’t do it fast enough thus giving you a hesitation in the song.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 10, 2009 @ 08:31 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
PeterS - 09 July 2009 08:08 PM

The problem with Program Change in the previous post is that the original voice is still embedded in the track. This often can cause a hiccup in timing, especially when it is at the beginning of a song. The track is now making 2 voice changes and sometimes the sequencer can’t do it fast enough thus giving you a hesitation in the song.

I agree with Peter, since I don’t like to use that approach, due to the abrupt changes of voices. But, if you have enough time in song between two voices, it could be used. Otherwise, you don’t like it.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sustain Pedal Stuck?
Next Topic:

Start Recording touchin Key ››