mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "using mlan16e as interface to record live guitar c5"

Posted on: July 05, 2009 @ 08:32 PM
moneyonmymind
Total Posts:  48
Joined  10-04-2006

Hello everyone,

I have a motif es6 with mlan16e and I forgot how to record an electric guitar using mlan into cubase 5. I have plug the guitar into the motif es6 and can hear the sound but cannot seem to get the audio to record into cubase 5.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2009 @ 11:06 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
moneyonmymind - 05 July 2009 08:32 PM

Hello everyone,

I have a motif es6 with mlan16e and I forgot how to record an electric guitar using mlan into cubase 5. I have plug the guitar into the motif es6 and can hear the sound but cannot seem to get the audio to record into cubase 5.

I’m using the same setup except Cubase SX 3.11 instead of ver.5 (hope to update soon!).
You should at first set up your VST connections in your Cubase project. I set up 8 input stereo buses named BUS1, 2,...,8 where stereo channels are mLAN1,2 mLAN3,4 etc. In that case your BUS8 will be stereo master from ES (as15,16). For outputs, I set 4 stereo buses named mLAN1,2,3,4 as in Motif. I suggest you to save those presets (both inputs and outputs, since they are independent). You could than call them from any other project.
So, when you record guitar you should select mLAN output channel for A/D input (Mix mode, [F5] AUDIO IN, [SF1] OUTPUT, OutputSel (Output Select) and choose for instance assignable output 1 and 2 (as1&2;).
Add audio track in Cubase and specify as input bus BUS1 and for output bus mLAN1. For other instruments use other output buses (mLAN2 or other), since you could monitor your guitar with different reberb, chorus, pan.
Don’t forget to set your A/D to line in Utility mode ([F2] I/O (Input/Output), [SF1] INPUT).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Playing a Performance in Song or Pattern Mode
Next Topic:

Sustain Pedal Stuck? ››