mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Memory, Smart Media, Patterns"

Posted on: June 18, 2009 @ 08:06 PM
Daman
Total Posts:  10
Joined  05-27-2009

I have a Yamaha motif 6 , and I just ordered a 128 Ram Smart Media Card, So that I can save some of my songs and patterns, just curios , do I need the DIMM Memory also? Does this KB come with Memeory from Factory? (I Bought it used), Also, When I hit PAttern, NO PATTERNS are SHOWN, but when I am in the SOng Mode, I can see and hear them? (I;ve Disabled the Auto-Demo)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 18, 2009 @ 08:16 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Whether you need to purchase and install sample RAM depends on what you want to do with the Motif (classic). If you want to either record your own samples or load voices that require external samples, then you should purchase and install this memory. (By the way, the Motif utilizes SIMM memory - not DIMM memory.)

The Motif classic does ship with a small amount (4MB) of sample RAM. This is enough to load or record ~24 seconds of CD quality (16-bit, stereo, 44.1kHz) samples. The maximum amount of sample memory you can install in the Motif classic is 64 MB.

If you don’t have a SmartMedia card installed in the Motif and you’ve turned off AutoDemo load, then you shouldn’t have any songs present in the instrument?!? Are you sure that you have turned off AutoDemo load? If you have, then are you sure that the SmartMedia card does not have an ALL file on it that includes some songs and have AUTOLOAD enabled?

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2009 @ 05:54 PM
Daman
Total Posts:  10
Joined  05-27-2009

Thanks for tips, Brad. Here’s the situation, I installed a Smart Media that I bought (128 Ram), but I am not sure if the motif recognises it, or if it works, how can I tell? I created a very simple Pattern, Drums and Bass, then when I tried to save, I followed all the advice from asection on this forum on how to save ( Press File>F1>SF1 etc, BUT WHEN I WAS SUPPOSE to set the Field Type to ALL, it is IMPOSSSIBLE, as Know Choice is given, the screen just shows --------, and when I turn cursor nothing happens, the screen also show %0, do I need Both Memory and a Smartcard, to save a simple and basic Pattern?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Classic Mo-6 to Garageband
Next Topic:

Saving Mix Template to Master ››