mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using MIDI Files"

Posted on: June 16, 2009 @ 08:58 PM
midinut
Total Posts:  93
Joined  02-21-2009

Anyone here have a good source for SMF that are Yamaha friendly (ES6) and professionally done. Guitar player and I are looking at doing a little duo thing during the week and I’m trying to find some well done libraries that I won’t have to muck around with too much. The stuff I’ve downloaded for free are a very mixed bag of everything between pure cheese and “damn that’s real close”.

Before I get flamed for “cheating”, we are looking at putting something together very quickly and want as full a sound as possible. We both will be playing live with the tracks so we are looking to mute the guitar and key tracks (as well as the melody track of course) for live use. Thanks in advance for any help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2009 @ 06:57 AM
saeef
Total Posts:  649
Joined  06-24-2005

Here
salsa

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2009 @ 08:00 PM
midinut
Total Posts:  93
Joined  02-21-2009

Thanks for the link salsa. That link is for the MusicSoft page from Yamaha. If I still had my DGX-500, this would be just the ticket. When I click “Synthesizer” it won’t even let me choose a model.

Let me explain a little deeper what I am trying to do:

I have a Motif ES6 with 1Gb Sample RAM and a VL/AN card installed. I am wanting to be able to download some well done MIDI files that I can load into the Motif, mute the melody channel, and play along with. This way if a band mate doesn’t show up for the gig (i.e. bass player), then I have the bass parts covered in the sequence. If they do show up, I can mute whatever tracks I don’t need to hear.

The duo thing with the guitar player I mentioned above is another reason for wanting to pursue this route.

The free MIDI files I have downloaded so far are a mixed bag. Some are really good but most are really bad. I understand you get what you pay for and what should I expect for nothing, right? I’m willing to pay for the files, I just want great quality and it would be a plus if they were already “Motif Friendly”.

I have tried loading these files (the ones that I have downloaded for free) into the Motif and changing the track assignments. I haven’t gotten as far as “stripping” out any header info yet but that is my next effort. I have also tried loading the MIDI file into Cubase 5. When I do, it automatically assigns Halion One to each track and picks an appropriate instrument. When I try to reassign these tracks to Motif parts I run into a roadblock. My intent here was to reassign the tracks in Cubase and save it as a SMF file and send it back to the Motif.

I just figure there has to be an easier way. SQ01 maybe? Any suggestions? As always, thanks again in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 12, 2009 @ 08:02 PM
bsr2002
Total Posts:  693
Joined  03-30-2004

http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Sounds/Free_MIDIs/

http://www.mididb.com/

If you have trouble loading some of them to your board, you can also load them into sequencer software like Sonar and save them as a .wav file then load them to a mini disk player, mp3 player or cd player.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2009 @ 08:04 AM
doruenescu
Total Posts:  6
Joined  05-22-2009

I have a CD with almost 5000 SMF, a part of them sound well, if you send me a list I can make a look if I have that songs. The songs are up to 2000 year…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2010 @ 05:42 AM
Goodi
Total Posts:  97
Joined  08-19-2007

Hi, just reading these posts… I am trying to attempt the same thing we are two keyboard players with a singer.

This is what has been suggested to me.

1. Find a midi file

2. Download it to FL Studio or Cubase and take out the Melody line and any other parts we don’t want.

3. Print out the Score with Cubase, I don’t think FL Studio can print correct me if I am wrong. Or move it to a program that will print a score to your liking I think Midinotemusician can do this, again correct me if I am wrong.

4. Convert you finale Midi file to an MP3 and move it to Vanbosco. Once all your files are in Vanbosco they you organize your sets and push play and you play along live !

If there is an easier way would be nice to know.

[ Ignore ]