mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Slaving Motif Rack XS to Fireface 400 (SPDIF)"

Posted on: June 12, 2009 @ 05:33 AM
xmortenx
Total Posts:  20
Joined  06-06-2009

Hello :-)

I connect the Motif RAck XS to my Fireface 400 via the SPDif digital out. When the fireface is master there are some glitches from the motif. Is there a way where I can tell the Motif to be a slave (sorry for the expression). I have a lot of other stuff connected and I would prefer the the Fireface was the reference. When the Motif is master there is no problems..... Do not know the world about digital clock but heard that RME should be OK in that department.. :-)

Thanks..
Morten

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2009 @ 06:05 AM
stevie1
Total Posts:  174
Joined  01-28-2007

Unfortunately, the motif will not accept being a ‘slave’.

To get a digital set-up to work correctly, all digi clocks need to be synchronised to one master clock. I.e you take X number of asynchronous digital outputs, then reclock (sync) them all to one master clock to make them all synchronous.

Personally, I use a RME DD8 which is slaved via wordclock from an Akai DPS 24. This resyncs all my asynchronous digi clocks to the akai sample rate. I also have a couple of conversions on the way to do this i.e SPDIF output into AES/EBU then into ADAT lightpipe. Digi clocks can get quite complex and expensive. So you need to think through your set-up. Hope this helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2009 @ 06:29 AM
botega
Total Posts:  1174
Joined  03-16-2007

Hellow Morten try this:

click on the fire symbol in the task bar’s system tray, this opens the Fireface Settings window

in the “SPDIF In” box choose “Coaxial”

in the “Clock Mode” box choose “AutoSync”

the “Pref Sync Ref” box should be on “Word Clock”

thats it, you shouldn’t have glitches…

just a thought...i use Fireface 800 and i connect my XS through the analog inputs because it is much louder and hotter then using the coaxial SPDIF input + i have controlover the master volume of the XS - something you don’t have when using the SPDIF!

much louder - sounds better

hope that helps

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Audio out to Apogee Duet: Uh, how?
Next Topic:

4 beat count -in ››