mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sampling, saving and how to…! Features request?"

Posted on: June 11, 2009 @ 11:04 AM
tomateck
Total Posts:  19
Joined  12-08-2006

Hello to everyone,
I want to know if there is a way to:

1) Save a single (sliced) sample voice to usb device;
2) Load a wave file in to sequencer track;
Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 11, 2009 @ 11:28 AM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

You can save waveforms individually - see page 273 & 279 of the manual for more information on this.

To load a wav file into a sequencer track you can load it into the XS, create a USR voice which uses that waveform and then assign that USR voice to a sequencer track.

The XS Sequencer is MIDI only - it does not have a true audio recorder function, so all audio is handled by assigning samples to voices and assigning those voices to the sequencer track to be triggered via MIDI.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 11, 2009 @ 11:42 AM
tomateck
Joined  12-08-2006
Dreamflight - 11 June 2009 11:28 AM

You can save waveforms individually - see page 273 & 279 of the manual for more information on this.

To load a wav file into a sequencer track you can load it into the XS, create a USR voice which uses that waveform and then assign that USR voice to a sequencer track.

The XS Sequencer is MIDI only - it does not have a true audio recorder function, so all audio is handled by assigning samples to voices and assigning those voices to the sequencer track to be triggered via MIDI.

Df.

Thanks for your help,
but when I go to save a WAV, then appear me the list of samples present on single notes and when I select one, only one sample go to my USB device.
I need to save the global Sample Voice that contain all sliced samples.
How to?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 11, 2009 @ 11:50 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

1) Save a single (sliced) sample voice to usb device;

Not sure I understand the question. A “single (sliced) sample” (sic) is a confusing statement. A sample is single. When you “slice” a sample you wind up with multiple samples. Each sample mapped to the same Waveform. A waveform can contain as many as 128 samples - be they recorded individually, or created by slicing a single sample into segments.

Perhaps you meant: Can you save a single Waveform to a USB Device.

In the Motif XS you can save as ALL WAVEFORM File type = .X0W
This makes a file that saves all the waveforms in use to a file on your drive. A maximum of 1024 Waveforms can exist. If later you want to access any one Waveform or all of them you can.

2) Load a wave file in to sequencer track;

I’m going to assume your second question is related to your first (because taken literally, of course you can load a wave file to a sequencer track)… I’ll assume you are talking about a “sliced” waveform (?)
You can then load a single Waveform from within the ALL WAVEFORM file, simply enter FILE mode from the SONG or PATTERN where you wish to use the waveform, set the FILE TYPE = “waveform”, Highlight the file containing the Waveform you wish to load and the file will open showing list of the waveforms contained within.

Select the individual waveform and load into your sequence to the PART/Track you desire.

If the question was indeed separate: Yes, you can load a .wav to a track.
Enter the Sequencer mode you want to use SONG or PATTERN
Press [FILE]
Select File TYPE = WAV
Highlight the .wav file
Target the PART / Track you want it to go to
Press [SF2] LOAD

Definitions:
a .wav is always a single sample
a Waveform can be as many as 128 samples mapped to the keyboard via Note Range and Velocity Range

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 11, 2009 @ 12:22 PM
tomateck
Joined  12-08-2006

BadMister, Great help!
Thanks for all your tutorials.

[ Ignore ]