mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Driver Conflict w / Protools (addendum)"

Posted on: June 10, 2009 @ 11:08 AM
Sam Plerman
Total Posts:  46
Joined  02-13-2008

ADDENDUM- I guess I should clarify that I don’t use the ES for Protools sessions, I use Sample Tank and Sonic Synth. The only reason I loaded the driver was so I could use Studio Manager with the ES.

The following is the original message:

Good Morning,

I have a Motif ES Rack and have loaded Studio Manager onto my PC running XP, which also hosts Protools 6.4, along with the driver for USB connectivity.

The issue is:

If I don’t have the Motif plugged in via USB, and turned on, Protools won’t allow me to assign a Midi channel to a Midi track and no previously recorded Midi tracks will play back. All other functions of Protools seems to funtion properly.

I don’t always have the Motif with me and at those times I cannot use Midi in Protools.

And ideas?

Thanks,

Sam

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 15, 2009 @ 12:21 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

If I don’t have the Motif plugged in via USB, and turned on, Protools won’t allow me to assign a Midi channel to a Midi track and no previously recorded Midi tracks will play back. All other functions of Protools seems to funtion properly.

I’m not sure I understand the question. What device are these MIDI tracks supposed to playback on???

If you are not using the Motif-Rack ES, and it is not even there, how does this impact Pro Tools?

Your question appears to be a DigiDesign question - on how to access your MIDI driver… whichever MIDI driver you are using for whatever devices you are playing back.

We have to assume that if the Studio Manager is not running, it cannot be using the MIDI ports. The Yamaha USB-MIDI driver would not even ON.

(We have to state the obvious: if the MIDI tracks are to playback on the Motif-Rack ES, the MOTIF-RACK ES would have to be ON)… right?

You might want to give us more information (Computer type, what driver you are using for MIDI, etc.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 15, 2009 @ 11:15 PM
Sam Plerman
Joined  02-13-2008

Bad Mister,

When I delete the driver protools works as usual, with the driver loaded the motif rack es has to be plugged in and turned on or protools won’t allow any midi functions.

Again, the only reason I loaded the driver was to be able to use Studio Manager. I do not and have not used the motif rack es in any protools sessions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 15, 2009 @ 11:18 PM
Sam Plerman
Joined  02-13-2008

Bad Mister,

I use Sample Tank / Sonic Synth for midi tracks in protools.

[ Ignore ]