mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Driver Conflict with Protools"

Posted on: June 09, 2009 @ 10:53 AM
Sam Plerman
Total Posts:  46
Joined  02-13-2008

Good Morning,

I have a Motif ES Rack and have loaded Studio Manager onto my PC running XP, which also hosts Protools 6.4, along with the driver for USB connectivity.

The issue is:

If I don’t have the Motif plugged in via USB, and turned on, Protools won’t allow me to assign a Midi channels to a Midi track and no previously recorded Midi tracks will play back. All other functions of Protools seems to funtion properly.

I don’t always have the Motif with me and at those times I cannot use Midi in Protools.

And ideas?

Thanks,

Sam

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 10, 2009 @ 09:48 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Strictly speaking, that’s not a driver conflict… That’s normal behavior. 

If you don’t have the ES plugged in, how would you expect ProTools to play back any MIDI tracks?  There’s nothing there on which to play them.

You ought to be able to still open the projects and manipulate the MIDI tracks, but until you put the Tone generator back online, there’s no way you’re going to be able to “PLAY” anything.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 10, 2009 @ 11:01 AM
Sam Plerman
Total Posts:  46
Joined  02-13-2008

Tony,

I see that you’re on here a lot and have helped more than a few people with their problems. I appreciate your help but-

I guess I should have clarified that I don’t use the ES for Protools sessions, I use Sample Tank and Sonic Synth. The only reason I loaded the driver was so I could use Studio Manager with the ES.

As I stated, with the driver loaded on my PC, Protools has to see the Motif or it won’t allow me to select a Midi channel on a Midi track. The midi channel drop down list does not appear. And, no previously recorded, with Sample Tank, midi tracks will play back.

I know you’re good at this stuff, Tony, hope you can help.

Sincerely,

Sam

[ Ignore ]