mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Fading Out"

Posted on: June 08, 2009 @ 03:06 PM
Steve Michaels
Total Posts:  49
Joined  08-15-2006

I have a Motif ES8. After I have recorded a song how do I fade out all the tracks (simultaneoulsy) at the end.

Thanks,

Steve

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2009 @ 05:47 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

Song Job Mode - Create Continuous Data. You can specify a range of bars and create control data (7 is volume for each track) to fade the volume out. Page 230 of the manual details operation of this feature.

I’m not sure (not near the ES right now so can’t check it) but if you record in overdub mode on each track, I believe you can record the movement of the on-screen faders (via the physical faders) as well.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2009 @ 01:15 PM
aarryn
Total Posts:  222
Joined  03-09-2006

Yep, that’s correct, Df.

I’ve used that second method you mentioned quite a bit, as it is useful for fading tracks individually before exporting. Though it can be a bit tricky because of the “stickiness” of the faders. Basically, you have to set the volume level in edit mode and move it from there carefully. Otherwise, you risk getting a sudden jump in the volume level.

I’ve resorted to the use of Cubase, etc. to accomplish my fade-in/fade-outs for the entire arrangement. Much easier to do than on the ES itself.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 11, 2009 @ 09:13 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Rather than using volume (CC7) use expression (CC11) to do fadeouts. That way you don’t have to worry about the initial value of CC7 when doing the fades.

Follow Dreamflight’s suggestion about using Create Continuous Data. Simply set expression to change from 127 to 0.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ SQ01 Software
Next Topic:

USB Storage compability help needed ››