mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "HELP!!!"

Posted on: June 06, 2009 @ 11:00 PM
rjalaldeen
Total Posts:  1
Joined  06-06-2009

Hi There,
I have just bought a Motif Rack. (Not recieved yet) The seller claims that the extra outs from the rear ( Excluding the stereo) is locked. I am not sure what this means. How do I unlock it?. I cannot seem to find anything in the manual
Thanks

RJ

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2009 @ 09:52 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Sorry, I don’t thing people are visiting this forum as often as they once were…

There’s no such thing as a “LOCKED” output on the Rack.

He may not have known how the Assignable Outputs worked (there’s no Factory programs that use them) giving him the appearance they weren’t usable.

At any rate, that was over two weeks ago, I’m presuming you have it now, how’s it going with it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2009 @ 10:35 AM
jazztogo
Total Posts:  1
Joined  12-21-2006

Thanks Tony,
I guess even I did not realize that it was a Physical lock that locks into a 1/4” jack socket. Something like a lock they use to lock laptops etc: It has a strong cable attached to it and a metal contraption at the other end.
Even the previous owner bought it as is. Seems fishy but I guess I am the third or fourth owner in the chain and too late to do anything about it. So! my conscience is at peace.
I wll figure out with some help, how to unlock this.
The module is just great specially the brass and orchestral instruments. I guess the arpeggio stuff and more synth sounds for the modern music must be great even though I do not dabble
in this. I am comparing it to the TG500, Roland XV3080 and some steinberg soft synths I have already.
The drums are ok. not too realistic.
I still need time to explore more.
Thanks for your input.
RJ

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2009 @ 12:47 PM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Huh.  Wow, never heard of that before, but the web seems to have lots of those things! 

If you’re feeling like you need that jack, you could probably pick the lock, (lots of people here at my place of business have gotten good at picking the Kensington style PC locks because people got laid off and didn’t unlock their PC before leaving the building, so the support staff learned how to pick the locks!)

Or contact the lock mfg and ask for a replacement key, or:

desolder that jack from the board and replace it.  :)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Looking for Presets Bank 4 and 5
Next Topic:

Help Cant Load patches into Motif Rack...... ››